Bit rough

Con

I don’t get it.

What would you prefer?  Dog shit on the floor outside your house or dog shit in a bag in your bin?

I live in an area where there are many dog walkers and they walk across my front garden.  As long as they bag it, put it in the bin, it isn’t the end of the world.

28 minutes ago, Rich Rule said:

I don’t get it.

What would you prefer?  Dog shit on the floor outside your house or dog shit in a bag in your bin?

I live in an area where there are many dog walkers and they walk across my front garden.  As long as they bag it, put it in the bin, it isn’t the end of the world.

I think the point is that the binmen won’t empty the bin if they find it’s contaminated with plastic bags

• Thanks 1

Many people must  stick alot of plastic in the green bin.

As the councils green waste compost is full of it.

Farmers that get  given  it free, the  fields where they have being  muck spreading it,  are now decorated with the multicoloured shredded plastic  bits that were  in the compost.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Stere said:

Many people must  stick alot of plastic in the green bin.

As the councils green waste compost is full of it.

Farmers that get  given  it free, the  fields where they have being  muck spreading it,  are now decorated with the multicoloured shredded plastic  bits that were  in the compost.

Here we have a food waste bin, I only use it for bones in the summer, and the waste can be in ordinary plastic bags. It goes to an anaerobic  digestion plant which, with the addition of a lot of maize silage, produces methane, burned in an engine to make electricity. I often wonder how they separate the plastic from the digestate. Maybe it just get dried with the waste heat and thence incinerated.

The green waste is something different and gets composted, I would prefer to see it pyrolysed.

I have no problem with dog walkers putting bagged dog faeces into my black bin, better in there than bagging it and then throwing it when out of sight.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve Bullman said:

I think the point is that the binmen won’t empty the bin if they find it’s contaminated with plastic bags

maybe they should put a sign up saying don't put poop bags in green wast but normal waste is ok?

My view... your dog, your dogs waste, your responsibility. OK if you get permission to leave it wherever but plain rude not to. Walking over a front garden - fine if they ask, but again, plain rude.

Most dog owners are responsible - dogs under voice control to return and not chase every passing family, cyclist, runner or walker, they will pick up after them and dispose the waste where they should (and not in any passing bush or tree) realising that no one else will pick up after them, and so on. The few give the rest a bad name

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Ive had some ones dog shitting on my front lawn for months, ive a good idea of who the dog walker is but never caught them and always report it to council via the app who come out, clear it up and hang about for an hour or so to try and catch them. Other day i got pissing wet through and popped home to get changed, was looking out of bedroom window and saw said dog walker and the dog was taking a shit on my lawn, she looked around to see if anyone was watching and started to walk off, as she turned she noticed me watching and then started to mess around in her pocket looking for a bag which she didnt have, She then picked the shit up in her bare hand and walk off up the road carrying the steaming turd..

• Like 6
  • Haha 11