How busy are you at the moment

Excels1or

Enquiries up 25% on last month, down 60% compared to last year. 

Without our new contract would be done for if I was relying on work coming to me. 

Pick the phone up, get calling, push, push, push. 

Had a few decent jobs drop in last week but somethings definitely off at the moment. I say this, we have had by far our best ever month last month. Which is all well and good but could definitely do with some more work coming in incase we run out. 

Its make it or break it time for a lot of people including me out there. 

Best of luck. Also, can I just say, in these times its more important than ever to make friends in the industry or with other business owners as the strain on your mental health not being able to rant to likemindes individuals will take its toll. 

And remember, health is wealth, money comes and goes. However bad you think the situation is, you will get through it, even if you fold the business. 

Do not keep it bottled up. 

• Like 11

20 minutes ago, Clutchy said:

Without our new contract would be done for if I was relying on work coming to me. 

Had a few decent jobs drop in last week but somethings definitely off at the moment. I say this, we have had by far our best ever month last month. Which is all well and good but could definitely do with some more work coming in incase we run out. 

Best of luck. Also, can I just say, in these times its more important than ever to make friends in the industry or with other business owners as the strain on your mental health not being able to rant to likemindes individuals will take its toll. 

And remember, health is wealth, money comes and goes. However bad you think the situation is, you will get through it, even if you fold the business. 

Couldn't agree more 👏  people need to talk

• Like 3

2 hours ago, swinny said:

Even so they are easy and bread and butter.... people usually have certain spare money they're willing to spend happily without considering or speaking to a partner as they would with a 5-700 quid job and that's when it's 3 quotes and miss out on it by 50 quid scenario 

3 easy jobs is better than one hard one 😉

Tell me about it. I do almost exclusively big stuff but am getting to the point where three little birches and finish for a late lunch appeals more. What I want and what the economy may grant me might well be different though. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AHPP said:

Tell me about it. I do almost exclusively big stuff but am getting to the point where three little birches and finish for a late lunch appeals more. What I want and what the economy may grant me might well be different though. 

You’ll find those 3 little birches will become all the more appealing the older you get 😀

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Clutchy said:

Nah, bottle it up and go bonkers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Clutchy said:

I don't have such accurate records but usually for me March is when things pick up after winter. This year it's kind of stopped after a busier than usual Jan and Feb.

Definitely a strange year, customers um and ah over £250 jobs like you say.

Flat out at the moment, earning lots to cover for the July and August period when people go away for half term and the grass stops growing, so it's generally quiet and we can then allocate staff holidays during that time.

If I could work 24 hours a day 7 days a week I could it's that busy with weekend warriors, dragging their mowers out with stale fuel in them ringing me up on Thursday morning before Easter weekend and want it serviced and repaired for the Saturday morning!!! When I point out we have a two nearing three week workload in at the moment...oh and it's Bank holiday Friday and Monday, I'm often met with ok, but I need it for Saturday I'm having a party. 'Are you off over Easter sir?'

'Yes'

'Well, so are my staff'

Same people that want to end Sunday shops and supermarkets opening to give 'hard working staff a break' yet are the same people who drive out on a Sunday to a pub for lunch, wander around a garden centre or go to the beach for an ice cream, fish and chips and go to the amusements, then stop for a costa coffee on way home whilst topping up the fuel tank in a petrol station......all premises of course staffed by people working on a Sunday.

Idiots

Edited by pleasant
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Calls for quotes has pretty much dried up for me, a busy week is looking at one job. Probably have enough in the diary to keep us going until mid May. Hopefully some more will come in before then. Instead of working late and cramming as much work into the week as possible we’re just finishing early and enjoying the extra time off. I’ve recently become a dad so the extra time at home is appreciated by my wife and it nice to be around with the little one. Hopefully the spring weather gets people outside and the phone ringing. 

• Like 1