What constitutes a spurious wood chipper blade

Simon

On 07/12/2023 at 20:01, Gordon S said:

Hi all,

I was about to order a new set of blades for my TW125 and have always used genuine Timberwolf in the past. I've just realised Rotatech are half the price. Am I being stupid changing to Rotatech, or stupid not to?

I've just accidentally ordered another 12 Greenmech discs from Rotatech after just remembering the last 8 that I ordered shattered on the edges when installing. I've installed these 100s times over the years without issue and was 2nd guessing if it were my fault. 

Pic below shows how much they overhang and then once tightened edges explode. Think this was on a Arb 130 so trying with the new order on our 205d to see if it were a batch issue or chipper issue 

Anyone else had these issues? When I emailed they said to send back which was good but have never got round to it as who can be arsed to box them up and send out. Guess we will find out next week LOL 

EDIT - Reading back on my corrospondense with them, they were more than helpful and offered to arrange collection themselves - Can't fault them at all, maybe I should remove this post 

image.thumb.png.7654f57f9ee96099f6ac4ae23017d8a9.png

Edited by Clutchy

9 minutes ago, Clutchy said:

I've just accidentally ordered another 12 Greenmech discs from Rotatech after just remembering the last 8 that I ordered shattered on the edges when installing. I've installed these 100s times over the years without issue and was 2nd guessing if it were my fault. 

Pic below shows how much they overhang and then once tightened edges explode. Think this was on a Arb 130 so trying with the new order on our 205d to see if it were a batch issue or chipper issue 

Anyone else had these issues? When I emailed they said to send back which was good but have never got round to it as who can be arsed to box them up and send out. Guess we will find out next week LOL 

EDIT - Reading back on my corrospondense with them, they were more than helpful and offered to arrange collection themselves - Can't fault them at all, maybe I should remove this post 

image.thumb.png.7654f57f9ee96099f6ac4ae23017d8a9.png

I put some rotatech blades in a 1928 the other week. No issues at all. Doubt I'll even sharpen them just throw away once fully turned and get new at the price they are.

Speaking to qrms the other week I believe they are going to manufacture them also

On 08/03/2023 at 12:12, Simon said:

Hi my name is Simon Jackson and I am the Managing Director of Saturn Machine Knives Ltd the home of Rotatech wood chipper blades, both are the same company but Rotatech is the brand and we have been manufacturing wood chipper blades in Sheffield since 2002.

So what constitutes a spurious wood chipper blade? 

A spurious wood chipper blade is a blade that is not manufactured by the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) of the wood chipper or is not produced to the same specifications as the OEM blade. These blades may be sold by third-party manufacturers as a replacement for the original blade, but they may not meet the same standards for quality, durability, and safety.

There are several factors that can contribute to a blade being considered spurious, including:

Material quality:

The blade may be made from inferior materials that are not as strong or durable as those used in the OEM blade.

Manufacturing process:

The blade may not be manufactured using the same processes and techniques as the OEM blade, which can lead to variations in quality and performance.

Design specifications:

The blade may not be designed to the same specifications as the OEM blade, which can affect its performance and safety.

Quality control:

The manufacturer may not have the same level of quality control measures in place as the OEM, which can result in defects or inconsistencies in the blade.

Using a spurious wood chipper blade can be dangerous as it may break or wear out more quickly than the OEM blade, leading to injury or damage to the chipper. It is important to use only OEM or high-quality replacement blades that meet the same specifications and standards as the original blade.

If you have any questions regarding Rotatech wood chipper blades I would like to answer them directly, I have extensive experience within the machine knife industry manufacturing wood chipper blades and Sawmill blades for over two decades. When deciding to buy your blades from a non OEM company ask the question are these blades made to the same OEM or High-Quality specifications. 

Thank you.

Hi I got a forst st6 and was wondering if the is only OEM or rotatec

On 17/12/2023 at 15:57, Pbtaylor2014 said:

Hi I got a forst st6 and was wondering if the is only OEM or rotatec

QRMS do blades for forsts. Think they’re about half the price of genuine (rotatech) blades. Not used them but I’ve never had any problems with the green teeth copies I get from them.