Nurses pay rise

Kimosabi

2 hours ago, GarethM said:

Well the union needs to pull it's fingers out and actually stick to a coherent argument, if I was the government and they wanted 19% for everyone, I'd tell them to sling their hook aswell.

Hell, even 10% for everyone is ridiculous.

10% is not even keeping up with inflation so effectively they’re asking for a 7-9% pay rise. Considering how under paid most of them

are that’s not much of a pay increase. 

• Like 2

Whilst I agree ‘Diversity Managers’ etc. on £200k deserve sod all, as Gareth has said where do you draw the line?

If you chucked a lump sum of say £10k at everyone, it would make a huge difference to the front line staff who are really struggling, and a pittance of a percentage rise to the fat cats, who don’t need it anyway.

It could work.

• Like 1

Looking at the vacancies on all the recruitment sites for the NHS I don't see any jobs on there with 'poor' pay.

The jobs i can find on there that are minimum wage or just above are those that are right at the entry level or non qualified menial jobs.....yes still important i know, but no different to any other employment walk of life

Edited by pleasant
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, devon TWiG said:

One problem is  that many staff are well paid ,with good pensions so retire early creating a staff shortage !!

A fair point, and one the MSM won't report on. They prefer the pitchfork waving and sabre rattling approach for sensationalism to get 'clicks' and 'views'

1 hour ago, Mark Bolam said:

Whilst I agree ‘Diversity Managers’ etc. on £200k deserve sod all, as Gareth has said where do you draw the line?

If you chucked a lump sum of say £10k at everyone, it would make a huge difference to the front line staff who are really struggling, and a pittance of a percentage rise to the fat cats, who don’t need it anyway.

It could work.

A lump sum like that as you said would definitely be better than a percentage pay rise, like you said it would make little difference to the parasites at the top, but the people earning 20/40k would notice a huge difference. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Treetom15 said:

A lump sum like that as you said would definitely be better than a percentage pay rise, like you said it would make little difference to the parasites at the top, but the people earning 20/40k would notice a huge difference. 

The ones on £20k would receive a 50% pay rise !!!!!! no way will that happen ....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pie eater pete said:

As I've heard before if you dont like your job get another

Doesn't really solve the problem though. Infact it is part of the problem, significant numbers are leaving for different employment.  A decent pay rise would go some way to solving it. I don't think we should be having a go at the ones staying and fighting for this and ultimately the NHS 

• Like 1