Weight estimation for level load of Leylandii wood in single cab pickup

briscoe

What would your weight estimate be for freshly cut Leylandii logs level load in a single cab pickup- see pictures below .

Payload of truck is 1045kg - is it near this or way off?

I have measured the combined weight of these logs and would like to see what people's estimates are. Given this is probably a common load I guess people might have some idea? 

I will reveal the exact weight in kgs after several people have made educated guesses!

20221218_194411.jpg

20221218_200905.jpg

20221218_194344.jpg

I remember loading my Hilux single cab with beech. Plenty in there with greedy boards on. One of the groundies was a retired traffic officer and he said he would have pulled me back in the day. Weighed it all when unloading and it came in around 800kg if I remember rightly so just legal.

Your max payload would presume even distribution of the weight so you would want to get as much weight as possible up front or it will all be sitting on your rear axle. 

• briscoe changed the title to Weight estmation for level load of Leylandii wood in single cab pickup

It's interesting that the estimations are so varied but goes to show how difficult the estimations are . Ie 450kg - 980kg

Ideally some sort of matt that goes on the bed of pickup to measure weight would be good so that can be totally sure. 

In the back of pickup I thought this might be getting near max but when got them back and stacked outside as you see in pictures I would have guessed 350kg given its soft wood and the pile doesn't look big. 

I am going to do the same for woodchip. I want to get an idea of weights involved. 

• Steve Bullman changed the title to Weight estimation for level load of Leylandii wood in single cab pickup