Weight estimation for level load of Leylandii wood in single cab pickup

briscoe

18 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

Depends what it says on your licence.

The bastards downrated mine from 12000 to 8250 when I had to swap to a new ID licence, and didn’t tell me.

Exactly.

I knew what I used to have.

I know what I had after I upgraded my paper license.

I am now after clarification from Gareth I can now drive 12000kg MAM.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

Depends what it says on your licence.

The bastards downrated mine from 12000 to 8250 when I had to swap to a new ID licence, and didn’t tell me.

Mark 8250 is the old bastard's grandfather rights level which is what I have ie you're allowed the relevant category that should let you do 12000 but because we're ald and never had to take a test it's been downrated.

That should probably have been more than one sentence.

• Like 1

I have done and the DVLA website still says I am only entitled drive 8250kg MAM as they had no record of me ever passing the trails test.

I did it to death with them, even got a transport consultant on the case as he was working with one of the firms I was contracting to.  I wrote letters to the CEO and the ombudsman but they just came back with the same line that Pee 97 blah blah blah.

I told them to check what allocations were given in 1992.  Their answer Pre 97 blah, blah, blah.

In the end I gave up and moved country.

5 minutes ago, Rich Rule said:

Exactly.

I knew what I used to have.

I know what I had after I upgraded my paper license.

I am now after clarification from Gareth I can now drive 12000kg MAM.

If you had it on your old licence just query it and ask them to reinstate what you had - although if you never took a test then it 'should' have been automatically down to 8250.  Some people were lucky, others weren't.

2 minutes ago, Rich Rule said:

I have done and the DVLA website still says I am only entitled drive 8250kg MAM as they had no record of me ever passing the trails test.

I did it to death with them, even got a transport consultant on the case as he was working with one of the firms I was contracting to.  I wrote letters to the CEO and the ombudsman but they just came back with the same line that Pee 97 blah blah blah.

I told them to check what allocations were given in 1992.  Their answer Pre 97 blah, blah, blah.

In the end I gave up and moved country.

Aye that's a pisser.  No way round it other than doing the test then.  Or moving country!

Edited by Puffingbilly413
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Puffingbilly413 said:

Aye that's a pisser.  No way round it other than doing the test then.  Or moving country!

I was informed by the Traffic consultant that luck had nothing to do with it.

There was a period in the early 90’s (definitely 1992 as that’s when I passed). That they tried to bring the rules and refs in line with the EU regs.

12000kg MAM was a Euro train,  so was allowed.  I might have the terminology wrong but it was along those lines.  Then the DVLA brought in the 107 restriction.

when I queried it the DVLA even said I would have been prosecuted driving a 7.5 t MAN and the large Scheisling I was towing at the time.  Might not have been the 12000kg but it was definitely more than the 8250kg.

@GarethM I moved to Norway.  They have strong ties to the UK.  You just hand your license over and they replace it with a Norwegian one with the same entitlements.

2 minutes ago, Rich Rule said:

I was informed by the Traffic consultant that luck had nothing to do with it.

There was a period in the early 90’s (definitely 1992 as that’s when I passed). That they tried to bring the rules and refs in line with the EU regs.

12000kg MAM was a Euro train,  so was allowed.  I might have the terminology wrong but it was along those lines.  Then the DVLA brought in the 107 restriction.

when I queried it the DVLA even said I would have been prosecuted driving a 7.5 t MAN and the large Scheisling I was towing at the time.  Might not have been the 12000kg but it was definitely more than the 8250kg.

@GarethM I moved to Norway.  They have strong ties to the UK.  You just hand your license over and they replace it with a Norwegian one with the same restrictions.

Yeah I was 93 and mine has always had the 107 on it.

• Like 1

I did have the old bastards paper licence, and like Rich it definitely had 12000 on it.

Apparently if I’d requested to keep it at that they wouldn’t have downrated it to 8250.

They told me this after the event.

I’m not too bothered tbh, I’m usually too pissed to care.

• Haha 3

• Steve Bullman changed the title to Weight estimation for level load of Leylandii wood in single cab pickup