How to find lost stuff . . .

difflock

Like I lost my cherished Vertinox Alox Pioneer penkinife about a month ago.

Looked everywhere, no luck.

Browsed internet for a replacement, ideally with a high carbon blade and bottle opener( very important that!) but non locking for UK EDC knife law compliance. Like I might treat myself to sommat knife for Xmas.

Still kept looking nonethless.

No luck, so I took an old steel (German Panther brand perhaps?)lockblade out to the shed, clipped the point to bring it under 3" and filed off the locking gab.

Brought it into the house, a bit disgruntled that stupid UK law made me do such shit to a perfectly good knife, and set it down on the table inside the back door, while I went into the utility room to wash my hands.

As I came out of the utility I idly looked at the cardboard box that contains hats and gloves and other shit, sitting on the back corner of the table, looked in and INSTANTLY saw my "lost" penknife looking back at me.

GERRR!

P.S.

The wife also left the immersion on for a solid 3 months, as we found out when we recieved the bill for the quarter!

The switch was well hidden behind the foodmixer and breadmaker in "her" corner that I dare not disturb.

So

Whats the 3rd misfortune or calamity to be then!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Mrblue5000 said:

I’m missing a leatherman wave, any suggestions as to where to look for it?

Obvious innit, buy an even more expensive replacement, and volia! You will then have TWO!

P.S. 

This strategem worked for me on two previous occassions, once for a multimeter, once for a joiners "L" shaped right angle thingamabob.

Looked for ages, knowing they were not "lost" merely mislaid, finally reluctantly purchased replacements, and "volia" found them the day after the money was spent.

Edited by difflock
  • Like 5

On this job, 3 years ago today according to Facebook memories, I spent 2 hours looking for my van keys- including digging up and sifting 3 barrows of concrete!! 

Turned out They'd fallen off the top of the big red toolbox and got caught up near the top, so no matter how many times I looked on the floor, I'd never have seen them🤬🤬🤬🤬

New years eve a few weeks later I did genuinely loose them, had spares for everything except the Mac Box. 

I'd noted down the key code for the (second hand) box when I got it, got told it would take at least 4 weeks vor a replacement!!!  Drilled the lock, replaced it with a handle. 

2 days later my Dad found the keys in the middle of a field🥺🥺🥺🤬🤬

Screenshot_20221202-095001_Facebook.jpg

• Like 3

Haha. We had a job from hell where anything that could have gone wrong, did. The straw that broke the camels back was tipping off the chip and couldn't find the pin for the chipper. So 4 of us spent 45 minutes in the dark digging through the chip pile looking for it. Turns out one of the lads had put it on the side of the chipper for safe keeping then forgot. Took a while to see the funny side😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Couldn't find the pickup keys at the end of the day. Greedy boards stacked high and I'd hidden the spare key at home so safely I couldn't find that either!

Next day had laden pickup recovered to mercifully nearby main dealer for them to provide new code and cut two new keys.  Luckily I had keys insurance so ended up only £36 out of pocket (the cost of the second key). Days later I found the spare at home - inevitably. Three months later I lent my chainsaw gloves to my mate for his CS31 refresher and he found a lump in one of them...  exactly where I'd hidden the original key while we worked behind the house.

So I had four keys for the truck, two of which worked (the new ones) and two which didn't because the truck's code had been changed.

• Like 1

I "lost" my car keys, on a key fob, as I got out of the car outside the Portakabin that I had just driven up to. I pulled the keys out of the ignition on autopilot, probably reached across to the passenger seat for sommat, got out and realized I had not got the keys in my hand.

I idly looked, and better looked, and looked on the bitmac below the car, behind the front wheel etc etc, and borrowed a torch and a piece of wire and looked fished down between the seat and the centre console and I even asked Clive to look, explaining exactly what happened, all with  no luck whatsoever.

So I finally phoned the wife to bring me the spare keys.

Got in the car at lunchtime, spare key into the ignition, and reached for the seatbelt.

And there as I pulled the seatbelt across my body, neatly and securely clipped to the seatbelt with the aforesaid mentioned keyring was my "lost" set of keys. Which I deduced had been scooped out of my lap as I released the seatbelt.

I slowly released the seatbelt and the keys disappeared up into the narrow darkish  gap between the seat and the door. 

FFS!

Edited by difflock
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1