Why are young’ish people leaving the job market?

eggsarascal

2 hours ago, peds said:

I think it's adorable how you seem to have convinced yourself that you are a higher earner. In their eyes, you're down here in the muck with us plebs, buddy, and they laugh their dentures into their cinzano rosso every time you defend tax cuts for the wealthy, as though you're the one being talked about.

The wealthy wipe their bottoms on your paltry little tax bill.

This is exactly the same ‘syndrome’ that farmers suffer from when seeking to defend agricultural subsidies. 

For every hands on working man that defends the crumbs they receive, there is a land baron hoovering up a rich seam of free money and laughing their cock off that the minions are fighting their battle for them. 

• Like 4

I agree but

If there no SFP  then it may not  be worth farming most of "marginal land" Wales of Scotland anymore or would the market  self correct and drive up food prices?

Then George moiboit can rewild then lot ?

Remember UK argri is competing against subsidized  global imports.

Just had George eustice come out and admit the aussie deal he did was shite for the UK.

Not sure what the answer is.

Edited by Stere
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

This is exactly the same ‘syndrome’ that farmers suffer from when seeking to defend agricultural subsidies. 

For every hands on working man that defends the crumbs they receive, there is a land baron hoovering up a rich seam of free money and laughing their cock off that the minions are fighting their battle for them. 

When Labour get back in there'll be an adjustment, if that is, they introduce a Land Tax

The reason we are heading towards a period of taxation equivalent to post WW2 is plain and simple. Yet the bickering over trivial bollocks is so easy to initiate. Back to the original the question in the post !! 🤔I can’t speak for others but as I’ve stated I have cut back on time away from home ( to the point right now of taking myself out of the loop work wise for on the books paye gigs up to  April) and chasing more and more work offshore or overseas, 100% solely  due to the amount of taxation above a certain ( not massive ) figure. I’m not wealthy or living in a rent or mortgage free property or anywhere near retirement age but there comes a point when you do wonder is it worth it ??. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

The reason we are heading towards a period of taxation equivalent to post WW2 is plain and simple. Yet the bickering over trivial bollocks is so easy to initiate. Back to the original the question in the post !! 🤔I can’t speak for others but as I’ve stated I have cut back on time away from home ( to the point right now of taking myself out of the loop work wise for on the books paye gigs up to  April) and chasing more and more work offshore or overseas, 100% solely  due to the amount of taxation above a certain ( not massive ) figure. I’m not wealthy or living in a rent or mortgage free property or anywhere near retirement age but there comes a point when you do wonder is it worth it ??. 

High earners got more furlough than us plebs though so they should be taxed more now, shouldn't they?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sutton said:

High earners got more furlough than us plebs though so they should be taxed more now, shouldn't they?

Greed and envy 🤷‍♂️ The simplest emotion to plant. 
I did not receive a single penny from any source during the farce, does that mean I should pay back nothing to dig us out the hole it put us in🤔

• Like 2