Why are young’ish people leaving the job market?

eggsarascal

8 hours ago, coppice cutter said:

I guess you need to define "rich".

Lots of ways to measure it really. If you can afford a slightly-smaller megayacht to follow around and carry all the toys (the jetskis, the scuba rib, the helicopter, etc.) for your everyday megayacht, you're unreasonably rich, and should be paying for things like hospitals, railways, universities, that sort of thing. Instead of the second yacht, you get a medal. **************** it, you get a medal for every single billion you give back to the society you benefit from, and a little folder to display them in like a world cup coin collection. 

I couldn't say for sure, but I don't think anyone on here qualifies. Sorry.

(I once saw a megayacht called Lady Lola, forget where, Nice or Marseille probably, with another little tub parked nearby called Lady Lola's Shadow, with all the toys alluded to above plainly visible. I promise you that money could be better spent on... well, anything, really.)

8 hours ago, Big J said:

There really isn't much difference between Scandinavia and the UK. In our municipality, if you earn over about £43k, you get an additional 20% tax ontop of the 32% you pay on the income below that. The tax free allowance is only a couple of grand, but on the whole, there isn't a big difference.

The UK is rapidly becoming a Scandinavian tax level society without any of the benefits associated with high taxation.

Personally I find there is a vast difference between “Scandinavia” and the U.K. After paying my tax in Norway HMRC still want an additional £5-10,000 on top of that off me. With very little in return. I’m Norway I am still entitled to a raft of benefits I’d be laughed out if the park over here.  

25 minutes ago, peds said:

Lots of ways to measure it really. If you can afford a slightly-smaller megayacht to follow around and carry all the toys (the jetskis, the scuba rib, the helicopter, etc.) for your everyday megayacht, you're unreasonably rich, and should be paying for things like hospitals, railways, universities, that sort of thing. Instead of the second yacht, you get a medal. **************** it, you get a medal for every single billion you give back to the society you benefit from, and a little folder to display them in like a world cup coin collection. 

I couldn't say for sure, but I don't think anyone on here qualifies. Sorry.

(I once saw a megayacht called Lady Lola, forget where, Nice or Marseille probably, with another little tub parked nearby called Lady Lola's Shadow, with all the toys alluded to above plainly visible. I promise you that money could be better spent on... well, anything, really.)

Good grief. 🙄

13 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Good grief. 🙄

You say, good grief, I say you’ll pay for it. I won’t, but you’ll pay for it if you like it or not. We can’t afford to tax everyone the same amount, if you are a high end earner you are going to have to pay more, even conservatives have seen this.

• Haha 1

Just now, eggsarascal said:

You say, good grief, I say you’ll pay for it. I won’t, but you’ll pay for it if you like it or not. We can’t afford to tax everyone the same amount, if you are a high end earner you are going to have to pay more, even conservatives have seen this.

Next year I’ll no be paying a penny in U.K. tax. I’m class 2 NI so pay under £15 a month for that, at that price it’s cash in bank. 

I’ll just spend more time with the family and get a bit more done to the house. I’ll not see a penny of a drop in income as the milling will fill that void. 

1 minute ago, trigger_andy said:

Next year I’ll no be paying a penny in U.K. tax. I’m class 2 NI so pay under £15 a month for that, at that price it’s cash in bank. 

I’ll just spend more time with the family and get a bit more done to the house. I’ll not see a penny of a drop in income as the milling will fill that void. 

Ok, but your tax affairs aren’t in the Uk, those who do earn your sort of money here will be paying more.

Just now, trigger_andy said:

You literally stated “I say you’ll pay for it. I won’t, but you’ll pay for it if you like it or not.”

Errrr, no I won’t. 🤣🤣🤣

Fair play, I was talking about higher earners who pay the majority of their tax in the UK, not scrubbers that moan and complain about the place when they pay none, or little tax here.

• Haha 1

Just now, eggsarascal said:

Fair play, I was talking about higher earners who pay the majority of their tax in the UK, not scrubbers that moan and complain about the place when they pay none, or little tax here.

What scrubbers are you referring to? Surely not I as I most likely currently pay more tax in the U.K. than you do.