Why are young’ish people leaving the job market?

eggsarascal

8 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Yeah I know.

But seriously, sometimes people think that our society just occurs by happenstance and we should get access to it for no sacrifice on our part.

So what's your personal strategy for (legally) minimizing your tax burden, Mick?

Or do you just work as much as you possibly can and pay the higher rate, virtuous, like?

• Like 1

Taxation is the price we pay for a civilized society.

Some may argue we don't get what we pay for on that front.

I've said it before, we need to focus on the schemes that allows a holes like Hamilton to avoid tax on private jets and such.

Edited by GarethM
  • Like 2

Just now, Haironyourchest said:

So what's your personal strategy for (legally) minimizing your tax burden, Mick?

Or do you just work as much as you possibly can and pay the higher rate, virtuous, like?

Obviously I won’t discuss in detail on here my personal tax strategy or finances.

One tip I will pass on is don’t skimp on gear/vehicles you buy through the business.

Get well known, well supported brands, top spec and take care of it so that when you sell it, either to yourself or for the business it’ll go for good money.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Re. The whole no tax thing.

When roaming armed gangs are invading your property because there’s no police.

Foreign invaders march unopposed down your high street.

Infrastructure, bridges, roads etc. Become unusable through lack of investment.

See what use your little bits of paper with numbers are to you then.

He didn't say no tax but that the form of tax would change, the government would still end up with the 30%?? of GDP to pay for services but it would come from tax on goods.

I believe we need wealthier people, both to incentivise and to occupy the fancier houses that service industries exist for.

I also believe much of the problems of the planet derive from the super riches spending habits.

Of course in practice it will need a range of carrots and sticks.

1 minute ago, openspaceman said:

He didn't say no tax but that the form of tax would change, the government would still end up with the 30%?? of GDP to pay for services but it would come from tax on goods.

I believe we need wealthier people, both to incentivise and to occupy the fancier houses that service industries exist for.

I also believe much of the problems of the planet derive from the super riches spending habits.

Of course in practice it will need a range of carrots and sticks.

Don’t we pay 20% on goods anyway?

16 minutes ago, Haironyourchest said:

California & New York are hemorrhaging high earners and even corporations, because of their tax policies. They're moving their operations to Texas & Florida.

Yes, I’m aware of the ‘don’t ask the rich to pay their way or they’ll leave’ trope.

4 hours ago, Squaredy said:

There is a lot to be said for abolishing all forms of tax on work.  I do realise this would create some problems, but it would make life so simple, save billions in trying to collect the tax ☑️ and remove a major disincentive to work ☑️.  Instead tax spending. ☑️ Basics like simple food low tax and luxuries highly taxed.  And luxuries that destroy the planet taxed super high. ☑️

That way we all keep every penny we earn 🍰 and if we want to buy lots of stuff that we don’t need we pay lots of tax.  If we want to live frugally we buy less stuff and therefore pay little tax 😍.

Of course we also need land reform so normal people can get on the property ladder without depending totally on inheriting their grandparents house.

Tax the sh*t that everyone knows is bad, fags, booze, cake, plastic bags, petrol save the planet!