Why are young’ish people leaving the job market?

eggsarascal

2 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

What scrubbers are you referring to? Surely not I as I most likely currently pay more tax in the U.K. than you do. 

Post up this years tax return, and I’ll match you. Not interested in what you earned, let’s see what you paid to the UK Government.

4 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Post up this years tax return, and I’ll match you. Not interested in what you earned, let’s see what you paid to the UK Government.

For 21/22? It’s not ready yet. Still at the accountants. But don’t wait for me Eggs. Post yours up and I’ll follow suit when it’s done. 

3 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

For 21/22? It’s not ready yet. Still at the accountants. But don’t wait for me Eggs. Post yours up and I’ll follow suit when it’s done. 

Show us yours from 31/10/2022, let’s get an idea where you pay your tax that you keep on moaning about. You could always post up last years if that’s easier.

6 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Show us yours from 31/10/2022, let’s get an idea where you pay your tax that you keep on moaning about. You could always post up last years if that’s easier.

I literally don’t have anything for 21/22 yet. It’s with the account. 

I’ve been on the road for 22 hours and have just got into my hotel room in Rio. Im not away to dig my laptop out tonight. I’ll have a look tomorrow and if you really wanna see my 20/21 self assessment I’ll PM it over. 🙄

Why you’d think I’d lie is anyone’s guess. 

1 minute ago, trigger_andy said:

I literally don’t have anything for 21/22 yet. It’s with the account. 

I’ve been on the road for 22 hours and have just got into my hotel room in Rio. Im not away to dig my laptop out tonight. I’ll have a look tomorrow and if you really wanna see my 20/21 self assessment I’ll PM it over. 🙄

Why you’d think I’d lie is anyone’s guess. 

Yet you have called me out by saying you don’t believe me, scroll back, it’s all there for people to see. I’ll await your return and  what you pay in UK tax.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

Good grief. 🙄

I think it's adorable how you seem to have convinced yourself that you are a higher earner. In their eyes, you're down here in the muck with us plebs, buddy, and they laugh their dentures into their cinzano rosso every time you defend tax cuts for the wealthy, as though you're the one being talked about.

The wealthy wipe their bottoms on your paltry little tax bill.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, peds said:

I think it's adorable how you seem to have convinced yourself that you are a higher earner. In their eyes, you're down here in the muck with us plebs, buddy, and they laugh their dentures into their cinzano rosso every time you defend tax cuts for the wealthy, as though you're the one being talked about.

Got to agree. 

Interesting how he’s keen on a a American tax system also. The American dream is a fallacy these days, yet one that keeps millions paying their dues to Uncle Sam, wherever they are in the world, and stops them from complaining when obscene wealth is rubbed in their face due to their unwavering belief that they will be next if they just keep their nose to the grindstone. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, peds said:

I am down in the muck with the plebs. I’ve never ever pretended to be otherwise. 🙄 You seem to have convinced yourself to the contrary. Find a post I’ve made where I’ve stated I’m anything other than a working class man. Those who have met me here would most likely agree. 

Compared to the genuinely wealthy what I pay in tax is buttons. But that’s the thing, im

not wealthy so it’s a big deal to me. To pay a significant portion of my wages in tax to Norway which is supposedly a high tax country but to then have to pay another significant chunk to the HMRC should what an utterly failed tax system we have here in the U.K. 

I don’t support tax cuts for the wealthy. We chicks have a fairer Scandinavian tax system so that everyone across the board contributes, not just the middle earners like here in the U.K. 

12 minutes ago, doobin said:

Which you will of course declare to HMRC, won’t you? 😉

Yes, we’ve covered this before. I have a wee business it all goes through. If I want to expand the business I need records to enable me to get loans etc. But as you know, being self employed means you pay virtually no tax anyway.