Try Aspen fuel in your business with our money back gaurantee

Aspen@AAOIL

4 hours ago, Retired Climber said:

I've always found Aspen's presence on this forum to be a little lacking. I'd be very interested to know who posts on their behalf on here. The replies always seem a bit too 'corporate' to be genuine, but a bit too amateurish to be written by the marketing department. It's a pretty good demonstration of how not to use social media. 

It's a good product; I use it myself, However. I can't imagine anyone is going to be persuaded to give it a try based on the original post in this thread. I realise I'm probably not going to get a genuine reply to this query, but I'd love to chat to someone about it, and find out why they post in this style. 

You use it.  Do you like it?  Would you recommend it? Why/why not?  That's what this forum is supposed to be about - us lot using stuff, working with kit etc and feeding back on our experiences to help others make decent choices.  I would never buy or use anything based on advertising - only use or personal recommendation, but I certainly don't find the OP disingenuous. 

But from a personal perspective, the more people use it the cheaper it should get, so I'm more than happy for them to get more customers.  Was buying the 25l cans at around £85 last year, now up to £116. 

• Like 3

On 28/10/2022 at 13:48, Aspen@AAOIL said:

We want to help companies get over the cost barrier

I read this as ‘to come to terms with’ (as in you ‘get over’ being made redundant, or you ‘get over’ being cheated on by a so called lover), rather than to make the problem magically not exist any more.

Generally, you ‘get over’ something once it just doesn’t seem like as big a deal as your other problems.

I can’t think of the last time I lay awake at night,  trying to come to terms with all the money I have spent on Aspen.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Bolt said:

I read this as ‘to come to terms with’ (as in you ‘get over’ being made redundant, or you ‘get over’ being cheated on by a so called lover), rather than to make the problem magically not exist any more.

Generally, you ‘get over’ something once it just doesn’t seem like as big a deal as your other problems.

I can’t think of the last time I lay awake at night,  trying to come to terms with all the money I have spent on Aspen.

Yup

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pleasant said:

The wording doesnt have to be exact. They havent given any reasons so far...irellevant of wording. Unless youve read something i clearly havent?

Sorry, but what?

I’m not really sure I understand what any of that means.

It’s an odd one.

Whats stopping the unscrupulous from using hundreds of pounds worth of Aspen for three months, then saying it’s not for them, getting a good deal of their money back having 

A. Never intended to change over.

B. Used it for years anyway.

I suppose there are some filtering processes in place.

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

It’s an odd one.

Whats stopping the unscrupulous from using hundreds of pounds worth of Aspen for three months, then saying it’s not for them, getting a good deal of their money back having 

A. Never intended to change over.

B. Used it for years anyway.

I suppose there are some filtering processes in place.

If terms and conditions applied they would have mentioned them in their first post. Might have to get me a few hundred litres of free Aspen😁

30 minutes ago, Retired Climber said:

If terms and conditions applied they would have mentioned them in their first post. Might have to get me a few hundred litres of free Aspen😁

The only stipulation I could see was to use it for three months. 

With regards to small machinery such as chainsaws, strimmers, log splitters, circular saws, mowers, hedge trimmers, generators and so on we use Aspen 2 and Aspen 4 as well as sometimes other makes of Ethanol free fuels, we also though use E5 (5% ethanol fuel) but never E10 (10% ethanol fuel) and don't buy petrol with ethanol in it if its not going to be used within a month. Ethanol free fuel goes into all machinery not used regularly and E5 goes into machinery used frequently.  Ethanol can be bad for engines if left in too long as it can cause corrosion as well as attracts water which leads to all kinds of problems. We have had problems in the past with some machinery relating to fuel which has caused downtime and increased repair costs but the thing is savings may not be obvious within a 3 month period. 

• Like 2