Try Aspen fuel in your business with our money back gaurantee

Aspen@AAOIL

Another thing that may be helpful to bear in mind is that it can be more complicated than simply trying Aspen for a few months then switching back, especially if your saws have been running pump petrol for a while. We have always used super unleaded and Stihl Ulta oil, don’t know if it’s related or not but we don’t have many engine related issues so we stick with it. A while back we leant a saw out to a friend who put a tank of Aspen through it, the saw wouldn’t run properly after that which resulted in a strip down of the engine by Spud. Apparently something to do with the seals? Anyway, not to say there’s anything wrong with Aspen, just that switching between the two can cause some issues. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sam Davison said:

Another thing that may be helpful to bear in mind is that it can be more complicated than simply trying Aspen for a few months then switching back, especially if your saws have been running pump petrol for a while. We have always used super unleaded and Stihl Ulta oil, don’t know if it’s related or not but we don’t have many engine related issues so we stick with it. A while back we leant a saw out to a friend who put a tank of Aspen through it, the saw wouldn’t run properly after that which resulted in a strip down of the engine by Spud. Apparently something to do with the seals? Anyway, not to say there’s anything wrong with Aspen, just that switching between the two can cause some issues. 

Ok once again . The pump fuel attacks the rubber removing the coating that is there to keep the rubber soft and supple . This is a slow process and because the rubber is being attacked it stays supple . Alkylate fuels wont attack the rubber . So , if you use a saw with alkylate fuel from the get go you will have no problems ( and  cleaner engine internals ) If you switch to an alkylate fuel after years of pump fuel the rubber components become brittle and break down  Because the coating has been removed and the alkylate fuel not attacking it .  . This is the alkylate fuel showing up what the pump fuel has done .  That's why it is some times prudent to change out  the rubber before switching to alkylate fuel . 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Stubby said:

Ok once again . The pump fuel attacks the rubber removing the coating that is there to keep the rubber soft and supple . This is a slow process and because the rubber is being attacked it stays supple . Alkylate fuels wont attack the rubber . So , if you use a saw with alkylate fuel from the get go you will have no problems ( and  cleaner engine internals ) If you switch to an alkylate fuel after years of pump fuel the rubber components become brittle and break down  Because the coating has been removed and the alkylate fuel not attacking it .  . This is the alkylate fuel showing up what the pump fuel has done .  That's why it is some times prudent to change out  the rubber before switching to alkylate fuel . 

Stubby.....isn't it a pity that you have had to explain the advantages of using Aspen and the OP hasn't.

The point I was making in my original observation post regarding this statement from them:

'We want to help companies get over the cost barrier and to see how Aspen fuel can benefit their business'

It is THEY that should be reinforcing that claim with the kind of facts you have stated...which is what I was asking them to do...but didn't.

I'm always wary of a professional organisation that can't spell 'guarantee' as well.....but that's another matter. 😁

Edited by pleasant
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, pleasant said:

Stubby.....isn't it a pity that you have had to explain the advantages of using Aspen and the OP hasn't.

The point I was making in my original observation post regarding this statement from them:

'We want to help companies get over the cost barrier and to see how Aspen fuel can benefit their business'

It is THEY that should be reinforcing that claim with the kind of facts you have stated...which is what I was asking them to do...but didn't.

I'm always wary of a professional organistation that can't spell 'guarantee' as well.....but that's another matter. 😁

You notice I refered to any alkylate fuel not one specific make .

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Stubby said:

You notice I refered to any alkylate fuel not one specific make .

Yes I did. I sell Stihl motomix alongside Aspen, which is actually slightly cheaper....despite the fact Stihl haven't got their own refinery, so are probably just re-bottling someone elses fuel....maybe Aspen? Strange it should be cheaper, when you consider there is another profit level in the chain of supply to Stihl

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pleasant said:

I'm always wary of a professional organisation that can't spell 'guarantee' as well.....but that's another matter. 😁

I didn’t notice that the point you made in your original observation regarded them extolling the virtues of aspen, I thought

it was “Interesting, but how does it 'get over the cost barrier' ?”.

24 minutes ago, Bolt said:

I didn’t notice that the point you made in your original observation regarded them extolling the virtues of aspen, I thought

it was “Interesting, but how does it 'get over the cost barrier' ?”.

Sorry, I must have not made it as clear as I could have done, maybe.

Aspen, thenselves state there is a perceived 'cost barrrier' as they have stated that clearly in their OP. Therefore I was asking on behalf of, say, someone not familiar with the product (I am-but they aren't preaching to the converted are they), in what way does this process achieve 'getting over the cost barrier' 

By not explaining how it can do that, then it's a pointless statement.

If I said to you, by buying top of the range Pirelli tyres for your car, in the long term it would actually save you money compared to a budget brand, then most people in their right mind would say 'how will they do that?'

You would then go on and say....they are more durable, thus giving a longer life, less wear and rolling resistance to improve mpg...that sort of thing.

I though I had made that point clear...but obviously not as clear as I should have.

When the OP replied to my post, all they did was reiterate what they had already stated in their OP, and then asked if it had answered my question- which it obviously hadn't as all it was, was a repeat, instead of backing up thier statement with some facts to help a new user to understand

Edited by pleasant

7 minutes ago, pleasant said:

If I said to you, by buying top of the range Pirelli tyres for your car, in the long term it would actually save you money compared to a budget brand, then most people in their right mind would say 'how will they do that?'

Yes…. But the thing is, that’s not the point of the original poster.

To follow your analogy…

Pirelli would offer to sell me a set of their tyres (rather than the Hiway tyres I usually use) which I would drash about with till they wore out.

At this point, they would ask me if I saw the benefits.

If I have seen the benefits, they sell me another set… If not, they would generously refund me the difference in cost between my Pirellis and my usual Hiways.

Pirelli would need to be confident that the tyres would speak for themselves.  

Personally, I don’t think Pirelli are that confident.  The Anglo American Oil Company apparently do have that confidence though, so I guess, in that respect, maybe they should be applauded. 🙂

• Thanks 1

So basically switch to Aspen, it's better for the environment and you - great, ticks boxes so feeling good about myself. Unfortunately if you have previously used pump fuel in your saw a rebuild is likely coming your way so even if you don't want to carry on using it you're still stuck with a repair bill - or am I missing something?

Do Aspen inform potential new users of this likelihood? If not and your saw has problems I can see unhappy people, not everybody is aware of the potential downside.