Energy price cap

eggsarascal

1 minute ago, eggsarascal said:

Hang on a min, I’m with your way of thinking, but there are still many that aren’t.

If someone is on what I call ‘big’ money they already have a gardener or cleaner if they want/need one, having a tax cut DOESN’T mean they will spend more, they will just squirrel it away for ‘Ron’, it certainly does not trickle down.

There will undoubtedly be those who do that. As I understand it though the tax breaks for the rich are also to encourage people companies to bring their business to the uk.

I can sort of see it from both sides. It was obviously never going to be a popular decision with the poor though 

• Like 2

Last week I got an email from EOn telling me my prices were going up….9917CB65-43D0-4F14-8F5E-EC66F79FCCD0.thumb.png.cd861be90fcc934c30e8401a4f8890e1.png

Not like I wasn’t expecting it.

As a consequence of the energy bills support scheme my monthly DD has been suitably adjusted…..

From £70/month to £39/month. 

That £31/month difference will be trickling down my Gregory!

3B3DCDDE-FA7A-45F1-BFF7-EE580AF32F4C.png

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, AHPP said:

I used to think this but I've now settled (not immovably but firmly enough) on the point of view that in the time you spend waiting for a crash/dip/adjustment price bargain, you lose more because of inflation. I say you're best off just getting on the train and not worrying about the fare seeming steep. It'll seem blissfully cheap next year. 

Say you have £200k. The house you want is £230k. A £30k dip could happen, you think, so you wait. You wait for a year while inflation is running at 10%. The house is now £253k (or your money is worth £182k, whichever way you prefer to think about it). Another year passes. House is £278k (or your money £165k). Now you wish you'd just paid "too much" two years ago.

10% is the inflation rate this year btw. It won't be that next year.

Inflation — The lessons from Weimar

Yeah if you're being serious I think you are right. It gets even worse if you rent whilst waiting, there's another ten grand gone that you could have put toward the house.

17 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Hang on a min, I’m with your way of thinking, but there are still many that aren’t.

If someone is on what I call ‘big’ money they already have a gardener or cleaner if they want/need one, having a tax cut DOESN’T mean they will spend more, they will just squirrel it away for ‘Ron’, it certainly does not trickle down.

I only know one person that will benefit from the tax cut ( I personally know them. Not like the only one in the country :) ) when I asked him what he was going to do with all this extra money he said "fck all, probably just leave it in the bank". He buys and does what he wants when he wants to do it, within reason. He obviously welcomed a bit of extra cash but tbh it didn't fuss him and I know that he would have preferred that his brothers who earn far fookin less than him benefited instead. 

Anyway, there is nothing we can do about it but ffs, what a shit show  the UK is atm. At least the banks are bailing us out this time! Well, well well,  how the turntables...

1 hour ago, Steve Bullman said:

There will undoubtedly be those who do that. As I understand it though the tax breaks for the rich are also to encourage people companies to bring their business to the uk.

I can sort of see it from both sides. It was obviously never going to be a popular decision with the poor though 

It's not just about the poor, I've got some money to invest in a house, it simply isn't going to happen until the market settles. I read yesterday that hundreds of lenders have pulled out of the market, or pulled the deals they have due to uncertainty.

I think it's generally always been understood that the Conservatives are nasty, but they are financially prudent. A necessary evil.

But with Truss's bonanza for the rich tax-cut giveaway, where is the prudency? It just leaves nasty....

I know I've never been the UKs cheerleader, but now I'm on the outside looking in, it seems more f*cked than ever. I genuinely have no idea how the public debt or deficit will ever be tackled. How can the government justify continuing to borrow on our children's future?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Last week I got an email from EOn telling me my prices were going up….9917CB65-43D0-4F14-8F5E-EC66F79FCCD0.thumb.png.cd861be90fcc934c30e8401a4f8890e1.png

Not like I wasn’t expecting it.

As a consequence of the energy bills support scheme my monthly DD has been suitably adjusted…..

From £70/month to £39/month. 

That £31/month difference will be trickling down my Gregory!

3B3DCDDE-FA7A-45F1-BFF7-EE580AF32F4C.png

Decimal point in the wrong place Kev ? ( before you go swigging ) 🙂