Anyone had problems with Skyland's???

john87

13 minutes ago, scbk said:

"The Consumers Rights Act does not apply to B2B contracts

Thus, a business is not considered a consumer, and is not protected by the Consumer Rights Act. Without the same protections as regular consumers, businesses must take extra care when choosing the products and services they buy"

Errm, i am not a business..

john..

11 minutes ago, john87 said:

When i placed the order, there was a section where you can leave a message for the seller. I do this with everything i order. Here is what i put.. "Hi there, Our stores are open from Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm. All deliveries MUST be received by our stores staff and not just left. We have had a lot of problems with couriers leaving things in other parts of the hospital where they WILL BE LOST OR STOLEN as we are a VERY big NHS hospital.."

AFTER i had paid, i got a message some time later telling me that they could not guarantee that the courier WOULD in fact hand the item to one of the stores staff.

It does not happen every day, but there are occasions when drivers turn up, and despite big signs telling them that the stores are closed and "items must not be left, ALL items MUST be handed to a member of stores staff" they just dump the items outside and clear off, sometimes leaving items worth tens of thousands of pounds...

Now, and this is not aimed at you Doug, for all the brainless know it alls, i paid with paypal, so no proof of delivery, i automatically get my money back anyway, so it would not make any difference to me anyway

HOWEVER, i just cancelled the order, as i would not be happy at all, if Skylands posted the stuff, only for it to get stolen.. It would be their loss, not mine, but i try to treat others as i would like to be treated, and if the couriers they use are unreliable [by their own admittance] Skylands are the ones that would lose out. I would not like that to happen and so i cancelled the order..

john..

I don't think it's unreasonable that Skyland won't guarantee the actions of a third party really.

My take would be if you didn't receive the order (and were refunded payment) then it's a minor issue for you, more of a problem for them. It'd be for Skyland to consider whether their delivery arrangements were overall fit for purpose.

Anyway, if you order somewhere else I wonder if they'll be willing to give you the guarantee. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Doug Tait said:

I don't think it's unreasonable that Skyland won't guarantee the actions of a third party really.

My take would be if you didn't receive the order (and were refunded payment) then it's a minor issue for you, more of a problem for them. It'd be for Skyland to consider whether their delivery arrangements were overall fit for purpose.

Anyway, if you order somewhere else I wonder if they'll be willing to give you the guarantee. 

Doug, the law says they have to.. it is not optional on them [skylands] or others either..The law is that; "The retailer is responsible for goods until they are in your physical possession, in the possession of someone appointed by you to accept them or delivered to your nominated safe place." So, it is not a question of is it reasonable of them to guarantee the actions of the third party, [probably not] but the law does not see it that way..

I sell a few things, bit it is ALWAYS royal mail signed for. True, the wrong person could sign and run off with the stuff, but i am not a business seller, once paid, the items no longer belong to me and i am under no obligation to make sure that they arrive. If the buyer wants to take out insurance, send a man in a taxi, or better still cash on delivery, then that is up to them, but for a business seller it isi different, you are responsible fo the actions of the courier too..

It was all well and good of skylands to point out that they could not guarantee that the courier would hand the item into stores stafff, but the problem they have, is the law of the land makes it their responsibility to see that the courier does in fact make sure the goods are physically recieved by me or someone appointed by me [the stores staff] This is a specific legal duty that falls upon them as a mail order firm..

Even if i had agreed to the "non guaranteed" delivery, then, in the case they DID go missing, i would STILL be ok and you cannot get someone to sign away their legal rights, That would be an offence in its own right..

Skylands are the ONLY people to have ever informed me that they could not guarantee delivery...

john..

Public sector mentality, it was still about when I started on the water authority, although it had been privatised before I got there.

08:00-16:00 deliveries expected at a site, (in this case an hospital) that is open 24/7/365.

Deliveries to stores in hospitles are a joke, I've been turned away many times trying to deliver pumps 'out of hours'.

1 hour ago, john87 said:

1. When i placed the order i was not made aware that there would be problems with having the stuff delivered during working hours.

The problem is at your end, not theirs. If you have special delivery requirements you should've contacted them first. As others have said, they cannot guarantee the actions of the courier company. It's not in anyone's interest for items to not be delivered.

This thread further confirms what most members here think of you.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Public sector mentality, it was still about when I started on the water authority, although it had been privatised before I got there.

08:00-16:00 deliveries expected at a site, (in this case an hospital) that is open 24/7/365.

Deliveries to stores in hospitles are a joke, I've been turned away many times trying to deliver pumps 'out of hours'.

It is a secure psychiatric hospital, so after the admin staff go home at 4 to 5pm, there is nobody there at all, apart from one or two domestics that finish at 8pm, but they could be in any building on a 60 acre site.

After that, there is nobody there at all, apart from the clinical staff on locked wards, so, absolutely nobody there to take in any goods. Besides, all the outer doors of the building are locked, so there is no way in at all..

You are now going to say "how do the patients get there then" Well, they do not just turn up, the system does not work like that..

They are either;

1, assessed in other hospitals and then transferred by ambulance [generally in the early hours of the morning, like 3am]

OR,

2, have been arrested by the police under S136 of the mental health act and arrive by police van and get transferred a distance of four feet from a van, into the door of the S136 suite.. It is not remotely like a general hospital..

The stores staff are there to check and receipt deliveries for the entire group of hospitals, they are entitled to go home too you know..

john..

1 minute ago, Moose McAlpine said:

The problem is at your end, not theirs. If you have special delivery requirements you should've contacted them first. As others have said, they cannot guarantee the actions of the courier company. It's not in anyone's interest for items to not be delivered.

This thread further confirms what most members here think of you.

OMG.. How many times do i have to say, the LAW OF THE LAND makes them responsible for the actions of the courier company.. If "others" are too dim to understand the various bits of consumer rights legislation that is their problem not mine.

Secondly i informed them of the delivery requirements when i placed the order, they could have declined to take the money but did not..

Makes no difference to me if the stuff does not arrive, i paid with paypal so would have got an automatic refund..

I am not remotely interested in what what any members think of me, Why would i be?? They are of course entitled to their opinion, as i am mine..

john..

• Haha 1