Russia Invades ukraine

topchippyles

1 hour ago, David Cropper said:

Wouldn't fit me now anyway! I knew a safety officer at Winfrith Atomic site in Dorset, I actually lived in Winfrith Newburgh village, and he'd been to Chernobyl before the meltdown. He was horrified and terrified at the lack of safety. Corner cutting, blatant breach of most obvious procedures and crap kit. Not a pleasant scenario to contemplate the future of any of us. Time to stock up the wine cellar, I think Mr Johnson. 

I’d like to visit the forests surrounding the area (briefly). Apparently there are amazing examples of nature doing ‘it’s thing’ to recover and reclaim the area. 

Like you say though, no good worrying, just as well have a glass and relax. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

I’d like to visit the forests surrounding the area (briefly). Apparently there are amazing examples of nature doing ‘it’s thing’ to recover and reclaim the area. 

Like you say though, no good worrying, just as well have a glass and relax. 

While we remain without grandchildren, I by times  muse that a nuclear Armageddon would be just the tonic "our" much abused Earth needs right now.

Though I fear if any humans survived, they would simply repeat our mistakes, while telling themselves it would be different this time.

Sigh.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, difflock said:

While we remain without grandchildren, I by times  muse that a nuclear Armageddon would be just the tonic "our" much abused Earth needs right now.

Though I fear if any humans survived, they would simply repeat our mistakes, while telling themselves it would be different this time.

Sigh.

I suspect that the humans who escape unscathed are likely to be the people who got us into this situation. Rinse and repeat...

• Like 4

Whilst I totally disagree with Putins actions it’s incredible to see the clamour for war crimes investigations even at this stage when we have Bush and  Blair still making regular statements on world affairs, both undoubtedly as guilty as Putin ever will be. The media is doing its normal thing and totally pumping the line as it sees fit as it did so effectively throughout the covid farce. I’m in contact with a few of the officers on the vessel I work on regularly, 4 of them are Ukrainian 2 pro Ukraine and 2 pro Russia. The onboard vibe was bad after the Crimea annexation and was only sorted when the vessel master (Canadian) got the whole crew together and gave a strong warning to all regards behaviour whilst onboard. Speaking to both sets of guys yesterday via watts app it’s incredible to see and hear two totally different views on the cause of the current situation, but the thing they are all agreed on is that the conflict is totally unnecessary. As is often the case take bloody politicians out of the equation and things would work out a lot better. 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 11

Putin places RUSSIA under martial law over Ukraine invasion public protests. 

That’s not good.....

Such a move would allow the Kremlin to announce general mobilisation, tighten censorship, shut the borders and...

Edited by kevinjohnsonmbe
  • Sad 1