Waterproof Gloves

IronMike

3 hours ago, IronMike said:

I should have said, these are exclusively for operating the machine. There'll be no saw work or moving brash etc. The issue with the Logbullet is there isn't a cab as such so my hands are just out getting piss wet through all day. 

Sealskinz seem to be available in any colour you like, as long as it's black 😂🙈

These should do you fine. They're pretty waterproof until you wear the rubber away which shouldn't be a problem for you, and toasty warm. By a few pairs. 

3 hours ago, Logjam said:

Used them in wet, cold Wales & have kept my hands dry & warm the last two winters. One pair have lasted me a winter for general work around the farm, operating machinery etc. First pair I wrecked by getting battery acid on them but current pair are still in good nick & worn everyday. Leather can get a bit soggy & slippery so need drying out away from direct heat to avoid leather cracking.

Those sound pretty good, similar to the ‘Winter Touch’ I have used, and similar price for a single pair.

Depends how much sensitivity you need for the controls I suppose Mike.

I’ve found neoprene too cold on really brutal days, but I’ve got really poor circulation in my hands.

I have Sealskinz as well, they’re great, but I keep them for best!

D529B323-2EE1-456A-9549-C0557FAA1A71.png

155EC6AA-050F-47B5-BACB-B2595160FA3B.png

7 hours ago, Stere said:

https://www.safetygloves.co.uk/waterproof-work-gloves-2201/page/2/?scroll=306

Anyone tried any of  theese  Ejendals  ones?

Wearing a pair now, definitely a winter glove, they are made in Sweden and have 3M Thinsulate lining, they are advertised as a thermal water proof glove and are the only glove that seems to keep my hands warm when very cold, they do get a bit damp at times I find but still reasonably warm, got Ejendals Tegera model 295 but going to the try a cheaper similar model add by Ejendals which have Velcro cuff as will keep sawdust out better. Haven’t tried them climbing., using them on very cold days chainsawing on ground and operating firewood machinery. The 295 model is a close fitting glove and a size up from normal probably the best fit. Not sure how long the goatskin palms will last but comfortable and nice to wear on cold days. 

• Like 1

On wet days i do use a normal type glove but with a rubber back instead of the usual material/wool, do ok for manual work.

Was cleaning out clay drainage tiles a while back with them forearms were bloody freezing but hands ok.

Althou bad to pull off if been on for a while as ur hands sweat

I take it there is no way u could adapt or make a windscreen or some sort of weather proofing for the log bullet??

Don't use perspex bloody rubbish just scratches and murder when driving into the sun.

When we 1st got quads about 15yrs ago, great things but bloody cold, before quads we were never cold as had to walk everywhere.

So cold we almost got rid of them until we found a thing called a quad pod, a sort of windscreen and plastic roof u bolted on the front rack, look fairly rubbish but are an absolute godsend if ur doing 50km most days on a quad in all weathers usually without gloves as in those days gloves were shite

I dropped mine once and smashed the glass and tried to fix with perspex, thought it was a decent job but was a disaster.

I'm sure u could devise something and get some toughened or strengthened glass u could even bolt on temp for winter months?

I use Showa 490 thermal gloves, think they're about £14 a pair, but last for ages and tick all the boxes you ask.
I use them on the Woodmizer and on the firewood processor. They are perfect for pressing the small buttons (1cm2) on the Woodmizer computer and are warm and waterproof.  They are probably the best all round working glove I've used, and I've used many over many years