Thanks for the updated pics and vids Tim.

The wood is basically worthless.

If I was pricing it I’d actually offer you a substantial discount if all the heavy wood could stay on site.

Even as firewood, any intrinsic value would be wiped out by extraction and haulage costs.

Sorry.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

There may be a small market (value and size) for the timber on your local adds site, however do not expect this to come close to paying for the works and be prepared to deal with lots of people wanting just small bits or it cutting up smaller or want to process it in your garden leaving the saw dust etc for you to deal with. - By the pics and videos you posted I got the impression this outcome isn’t going to flick your switch.

there are a lot of good folk on here, ask for a couple of local guys to come and quote

• Like 1

I took out a row of conifers for someone recently, big old hedge that escaped. It had a haircut about 20 years ago which made it angry, and it shot out three or four poles per stem. Lovely big straight sticks. I've kept a dozen nice ones, I'm using them to make a 2 story playhouse for the kids.

Wouldn't pay for them, mind. 

• Like 2

Oh dear i think some one is in for a shock with this, title says 8-12 trees and then below it says we want  both felling ? is there 2 ,8 or 12 to be removed ? , power lines, telephone cables, dog/chicken run, netting fixed to trees, it all looks like its in a back garden, how is the timber to be got out in lengths ? is there room for a 3 tonne digger ? will the owner allow such a machine in there ? who tidys up the ground when done ? to be honest about it and just looking at all the problems that are there it is not a straight forward job and it is going to cost, from the photos i see 2 stems that would be worth milling but give the timbers location we have to take in to consideration the metal content and washing lines in the timber thus rendering it very very low value, 

Only thing i see is you pay some one to do the job and get the timber stacked where it can be collected via a self loading timber truck and for that it would need to be in 2,5 mtr lengths min, the only value i see is biomass and for that you might get £45 per tonne to offset against the cost of the job,

from the original post i under stand you want trees dissmantled/felled and removed, all brash chipped and removed, stumps ground out and then who ever does the job gives you some money for the timber ?? if you was across the pond that may happen but it wont happen over here, that job is 6-8 k with about £450 worth of timber on site,

All i can say is good luck with it and a update would be good see, 

• Like 4

Here, in this part of Frenchland, oak lop and top processed and evacuated by the buyer in the forest is sold by the ONF (office national des forets) at around €25m3

To my client with the massive oak stem at the bottom of his garden, unless you extract it, process it, mill it gold plate the it is only worth €10m3 as firewood because this immovable lump needs ringing up, splitting, transporting, stacking and drying before it reaches the €90 per stere you think it is worth.