Shipping container security

Paddy1000111

Have two shipping containers at work for storage have an alarm system pir on the outside so if a beam is broken then get a txt. Have cameras also so can check what’s pinged the beam. Also some trip wires with 12g cartridges filled with rock salt 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Shipping containers are like a thieves wet dream as they are relatively easy to get into. A battery angle grinder or cutting tool and you’re away. We have one inside a metal poly tunnel and they cut into both very easily and that’s with reinforced metal in it as well. We now have a full on alarm system that alerts you via text and numerous other security measures in place, maybe I won’t outline them on here but take a look at smoke systems that once tripped fill the area with smoke meaning the thief can’t see what they are upto let alone get stuff out of the container. Not sure on cost or anything like that but when it goes off you won’t be staying in there, providing you can work out how to get out. Also be careful they can’t reserve up to the container and lift it with a hiab as that has happened before, that way they take the container offsite to empty it. All about slowing them down and making it as hard as possible as where there’s a will there’s a way and they will get in whether it be a battery angle grinder or oxy-acetylene

• Like 1

What you need is a shallow pit dug all around the container and fill with quick setting glue in sealed thin packets.  cover with astroturf , make sure you remember to take your draw bridge each time.

Hopefully you should come along one day to find them caught like rats in one of those sticky traps!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Years ago there was a member on here who was rightly outraged that his parents had had most of their firewood nicked.  They were in a remote location.  In case of the scums' return he dug a shallow pit covered with a thin layer of sticks twigs, dirt etc and filled it with the contents of numerous LA dog poo bins that he emptied for his own use.

Excellent!

• Like 2

Thanks for all the replies. The place I'm going to put it means it will be jammed between a barn and a dense hedge/row of trees so side/back access would be impossible. They may be able to get in but they can't get the trailer out. The left hand side of the container will be about 8ft from the next door neighbours house wall so attacking it with angle grinders without alerting anyone would be almost impossible. I'll look at the smoke system and I need to find out from the PIR company if they work from inside a container, signal wise. Basically I want to make it hard enough to get into that simple thieves wouldn't bother and I want it to make it take long enough to steal the chipper that I could get down there if someone more advanced got in. Outside of that the tracker takes over. 

I've got generators, water pumps, honda f550 tillers and stuff that has been down there for years behind a flimsy wooden door that had a £5 Lidl lock on it and never had a break in. 

Edited by Paddy1000111

Just to add - the vertical locking tubes/  bars on containers, take top off n lower a length of chain inside eack one, which jams angle grinders if they use one to cut those. ( but as said - if they really want it they  will have it  🙁 ) k

Sounds as though having the container lifted won’t happen from what you’ve said and an angle grinder would be too noisy which is great. However pro thieves often spend a lot of time and money getting into workshops and containers. There was one a while back in south London where they must have visited half a dozen times chipping bits off of the welds on the container to pop the back panel off when they were ready. Obviously things to slow them down such wheel clamps, ground anchors etc will also work well. Razor wire around the container or in the hedge can also work wonders. The only problem is the opportunistic thief will see the container and all the security measures and know that there is something inside worth a peak

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Paddy1000111 said:

Thanks for all the replies. The place I'm going to put it means it will be jammed between a barn and a dense hedge/row of trees so side/back access would be impossible. They may be able to get in but they can't get the trailer out. The left hand side of the container will be about 8ft from the next door neighbours house wall so attacking it with angle grinders without alerting anyone would be almost impossible. I'll look at the smoke system and I need to find out from the PIR company if they work from inside a container, signal wise. Basically I want to make it hard enough to get into that simple thieves wouldn't bother and I want it to make it take long enough to steal the chipper that I could get down there if someone more advanced got in. Outside of that the tracker takes over. 

I've got generators, water pumps, honda f550 tillers and stuff that has been down there for years behind a flimsy wooden door that had a £5 Lidl lock on it and never had a break in. 

Put a sloping roof on top which blocks pick up points then can hide aerial for alarm etc under it.

Hitch lock on towing point and chain things together inc wheel clamps.

There are a few types of ways to rig alarms you can also have a key'd switch placed covertly to turn off.

Did my friends containers repaired and modded old ones which they'd made square so didds smashed with sledge.

Made mine tapered with a flitch plate inside so braced and to cut off would take ages.

You can Bond thick plywood to sides in on recessed parts with Tiger seal/Stix all then run two scaffold down either side with inch or so Reinforcing rods that will take some cutting as spins inside and outside can clad it old shuttering plywood is good cutting gear don't like the mix of wood and steel.

• Like 3