Shipping container security

Paddy1000111

2 minutes ago, Thesnarlingbadger said:

Worth getting one of these.IMG_0192.jpg
Then just put a few locks where you can.
One other thing a friend of mine did was board the inside out with 18mm plywood so if they get cut through the side with an angle grinder they then need a saw to cut through the wood. As it’s been said before you wound stop em but you can slow them down. Good luck

Do you think these are better than the lock box like my previous post? I'm lucky as the back and sides are completely covered in so there is no chance of getting a trailer out the side unless you bring a digger and remove a 6ft bank and dig out some telegraph poles (and a load of asbestos sheet). 

14 minutes ago, Paddy1000111 said:

Do you think these are better than the lock box like my previous post? I'm lucky as the back and sides are completely covered in so there is no chance of getting a trailer out the side unless you bring a digger and remove a 6ft bank and dig out some telegraph poles (and a load of asbestos sheet). 

Portable oxy will make short work of it one cut through 40 MM of steel and your in 

• Like 1

I know nothing is impervious, I just want to make it hard for someone with a bolt cutter, disc cutter or drill to get in so they give up or just don't bother. I want to make it so that they won't bother unless they are organised and if they are organised I want it to take long enough that I can do something about it. 

I have had a 20ft shipping container with lockbox near Exeter Devon for 12 years on a farm with no issues. Another thing to deter is having a cheap portacabin nearby and a vehicle parked up to make it look like there potentially someone in the cabin sleeping at night. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paddy1000111 said:

This is all getting quite home alone. Might as well just hook a poacher alarm to it with some buck shot loaded into it instead 😂. Knowing my luck I'll blow myself up being dopey one morning 😂😂

Yep done it 🙄 ( ONCE ) 

• Haha 1

Just now, briscoe said:

I have had a 20ft shipping container with lockbox near Exeter Devon for 12 years on a farm with no issues. Another thing to deter is having a cheap portacabin nearby and a vehicle parked up to make it look like there potentially someone in the cabin sleeping at night. 

We are lucky where we are. No vehicle thefts, robberies or break ins apart from about 20 years ago.

I think part of the reason the units are okay by us is they are 12ft from the house next door. When we had stuff go missing a long, long time ago it was because the cheapo padlock was cut with croppers and they snuck off with a strimmer. Luckily I have enough storage at home for all the small bits its just the trailer. I would leave it in the neighbours garage but I have to park my car in front of it which means that I have to move it every time I want it out so I have to move my car, get the chipper, put the car back, hook the chipper to the van etc etc. 

What you do needs to be multi layer and subtle personally I would go for a lock box with the hinges shielded by thick steel then another door immediately inside heavy steel mesh and plywood that would give you time especially if the alarm was between the two doors then chains wheel clamps etc

1 minute ago, dumper said:

What you do needs to be multi layer and subtle personally I would go for a lock box with the hinges shielded by thick steel then another door immediately inside heavy steel mesh and plywood that would give you time especially if the alarm was between the two doors then chains wheel clamps etc

I was thinking about the hinges. I was wondering about fitting some rivnuts down the door on the hinge sinde and threading some bolts with heads cut off into them then drill receiver holes in the door frame. Bit like a vault door how the hinges don't do anything with the door shut. 

• Like 1