Lost job ☹️

SamanthaSunny

4 minutes ago, Silverhooker said:

If the boss makes his work decisions based on his wife’s whims then I think he probably won’t be a great boss, you may have dodged a bullet there.

You may be right 😳 I feel sorry for  him really because he may of ended up in the doghouse because he was trying to give me a chance. I really did try my best to befriend his wife and I thought she liked me 🤦🏻‍♀️ People really do confuse me at times !  

Edited by SamanthaSunny

It may be useful to reflect on why this decision was made. Sorry to say that you lost your job most likely not based upon his wife’s distrust in you; but rather, a lack of trust in her husband. If you value your career - know your boundaries and keep to them - and make it crystal clear to others as well - in real life, and on social media (including AT) too. 

That way, you are less likely to come across those who cannot trust themselves, nor their significant others, who don’t trust them either.

Edited by OOO
extra
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi,
Sorry about your bad news but you may well have had a lucky escape, although difficult to see just now.

The chances are you have analysed the situation correctly but it could be down to his wife controlling the money side, loss of a contract, downturn in work due to the weather or him putting out job offers that the company just can't sustain.

You will find your place, my wife is a self employed blacksmith and has had a few fleeting comments, strange looks and women saying "you can make me that at home" openly to their husbands whilst looking at stuff at fairs etc, normally a item that takes a lot of skill and effort.
People are just bells and I think although most people would think not in 2021 a woman in a perceived "man's world" will at some point encounter an icy reaction.

Chin up dude and look forward to finding the right team where you will fit in with no animosity from anyone.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to hear all this. But yes, it probably has saved hassle later on if that is how his wife wants to be.

I employed a young woman for a few years, and was sorry to see her move on (to a tree officer job). She was one of the best workers I have have had, and good fun to work with. You'll find someone less controlled/more sensible who will take you on, and they will, l I'm sure, be  better bet for you in the long term.

Keep battling on, good luck.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, SamanthaSunny said:

I have been away from this site for a few weeks because I have been moving house 😬 I thought I would update my new wee friends on here that the job I was offered before Christmas has fallen through !!! And the reason is WAIT FOR IT ........

His wife does not want a female on the team 😳 I bumped into my new potential boss shopping with his wife and not even 2 hours later I received a call to say my new boss can no longer offer me a job. I understand that family comes first and, yes happy wife, happy life but is this fair ? I value all opinions and I am now questioning whether I will EVER find a place to work. My husband works with plenty of women and I would NEVER try to control who he works around. Any advice please ?

It’s more then likely a simple case of another woman being jealous of how another woman’s looks and being intimidated by it,i bet you if you were 18 stone,a little lip hair and 2 teeth she wouldn’t have a problem..in my experience woman are and can be very catty were other woman are concerned,blokes aren’t the same....so if I were you I would take it more of a compliment then anything else so just move on track your dream and you,ll be fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have been away from this site for a few weeks because I have been moving house [emoji51] I thought I would update my new wee friends on here that the job I was offered before Christmas has fallen through !!! And the reason is WAIT FOR IT ........

His wife does not want a female on the team [emoji15] I bumped into my new potential boss shopping with his wife and not even 2 hours later I received a call to say my new boss can no longer offer me a job. I understand that family comes first and, yes happy wife, happy life but is this fair ? I value all opinions and I am now questioning whether I will EVER find a place to work. My husband works with plenty of women and I would NEVER try to control who he works around. Any advice please ?

Hi Samantha,
As others have said, think you dodged a bullet there darling.
Yes what he said is completely discriminatory and illegal.
However you’ve handled it in a very reasonable and professional manner.
Keep going. You’ll find some decent types.

Also.
I’d like to offer you a free 3 day course.
Day one maintenance
Day two cross cutting
Day three milling.

You’ll need your own ppe ,transport and accommodation.
I will supply all other equipment.
Saul [emoji106]
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 4