Lost job ☹️

SamanthaSunny

That’s a bugger Sam. My Good lady also has some stick from the blokes in the industry and out of it, there is no need for it, you lasses are just as able.

You will find a pace to slot it. If anything comes up this way we will be in touch (we couldn’t give a monkeys if your male, female, umpalumpa, minion or unidentifiable 😂) but we do tend to stay self contained with just the 2 of us most days.

Edited by Will C
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Will C said:

That’s a bugger Sam. My Good lady also has some stick from the blokes in the industry and out of it, there is no need for it, you lasses are just as able.

You will find a pace to slot it. If anything comes up this way we will be in touch (we couldn’t give a monkeys if your male, female, umpalua, minion or unidentifiable 😂) but we do tend to stay self contained with just the 2 of us most days.

Any jobs going?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Any jobs going?

Sorry to disappoint eggs but No, we stay small as we value our freedom and work life balance, occasionally we do have a subby in to help. 

(We don’t need the subby/freelancer insurance needed/not needed debate here we all know I mean a self employed person who works for a number of different teams as needed 🤔😂)

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Will C said:

Sorry to disappoint eggs but No, we stay small as we value our freedom and work life balance, occasionally we do have a subby in to help. 

(We don’t need the subby/freelancer insurance needed/not needed debate here we all know I mean a self employed person who works for a number of different teams as needed 🤔😂)

Shame, I wouldn't mind a few weeks over on the IoW, when the "pox" moves on. I've never been... one day.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Scottish Cleaning Service said:

If I was you I would be looking at going down the tree inspector route. Might mean you need to go back to college to pick up a qualification but should be more money in the long run if you get a job with the council or forestry commission. I retired from fire service and trained to fit solar panels then the feed in tariff got halved and so did my plan. Then I setup a recycling company and the price of oil collapsed and so did my recycling. Then I did the gas course and got a job fitting smart meters but the H&S was horrendous so I left. Then I setup a fencing company which I enjoyed but was only seasonal. Then my window cleaner fell and never came back so I setup a cleaning company and have never looked back. Now I have expended into maintenance and this week I have won a massive job with a big company maintaining their work units. Eventually everything has fallen into place with out much help, that's what happens when one is not that rigid, flexibility is the name of the game. 😉  

With all due respect  it’s a bit different scenario to yours as she has set her heart on doing something she loves and may not be in a position same as yourself..if you have done your time in the fire service you will have a good pension to relay on....the tree business is a different animal and most of us earn a crust and get by but I guarantee we all do it for the freedom of working in the woods/with trees and around nature and for the love of the job...making loads of ££££££££££ is a bonus....stick with it Sam and as sure has the sun rises you will for fill your dream. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Shame, I wouldn't mind a few weeks over on the IoW, when the "pox" moves on. I've never been... one day.

Can’t help with work but the kettle will be hot 👍 it’s a great place, we evan have our own time zone, it’s about 5 min behind England 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dan Maynard said:

Yeah - 25 years and 5 minutes behind England you mean.

Grew up just opposite the Needles.

Opposite the needles as in newforest area on the north island or Freshwater?

ive not grown up yet so I can’t say we’re I grew up!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3