Lost job ☹️

SamanthaSunny

On 09/02/2021 at 20:47, Scottish Cleaning Service said:

If I was you I would be looking at going down the tree inspector route. Might mean you need to go back to college to pick up a qualification but should be more money in the long run if you get a job with the council or forestry commission. I retired from fire service and trained to fit solar panels then the feed in tariff got halved and so did my plan. Then I setup a recycling company and the price of oil collapsed and so did my recycling. Then I did the gas course and got a job fitting smart meters but the H&S was horrendous so I left. Then I setup a fencing company which I enjoyed but was only seasonal. Then my window cleaner fell and never came back so I setup a cleaning company and have never looked back. Now I have expended into maintenance and this week I have won a massive job with a big company maintaining their work units. Eventually everything has fallen into place with out much help, that's what happens when one is not that rigid, flexibility is the name of the game. 😉  

Wow your a fighter 👏🏻 I LOVE your tenacity and I am so glad you got back up everytime you were knocked down. Inspirational 🙏🏼 I will keep looking and work something out 🙂 I am studying now and I have spent a ton on books ! I like your ideas so Thankyou x

• Like 1

On 09/02/2021 at 21:03, 5 shires said:

With all due respect  it’s a bit different scenario to yours as she has set her heart on doing something she loves and may not be in a position same as yourself..if you have done your time in the fire service you will have a good pension to relay on....the tree business is a different animal and most of us earn a crust and get by but I guarantee we all do it for the freedom of working in the woods/with trees and around nature and for the love of the job...making loads of ££££££££££ is a bonus....stick with it Sam and as sure has the sun rises you will for fill your dream. 

There should definitely be a love icon to choose from when someone’s comments really mean a lot 🙂 ❤️

On 10/02/2021 at 10:23, Timbermcpherson said:

This is not uncommon in many industries

People in general can have a lot of insecurity and various issues from previous relationships. I doubt the husbands own behavior has anything to do with it 

As you should have, you probably came across as bright, eager, energetic and wanting to impress

And rightly or wrongly it set off alarms bells with the wife. 

Your all better out of it, he should have known better

It’s ok I don’t blame either of them if it causes problems me being on the team then I would rather walk away. I should not of posted about really but I was really disappointed at the time I worried that this would happen every time I thought I had secured a job. Silly really 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SamanthaSunny said:

It’s ok I don’t blame either of them if it causes problems me being on the team then I would rather walk away. I should not of posted about really but I was really disappointed at the time I worried that this would happen every time I thought I had secured a job. Silly really 🙂

You are a very reasonable , fair , positive and determined person Sam . It will come to you bud . I know it . 👍

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 09/02/2021 at 20:47, Scottish Cleaning Service said:

If I was you I would be looking at going down the tree inspector route. Might mean you need to go back to college to pick up a qualification but should be more money in the long run if you get a job with the council or forestry commission. I retired from fire service and trained to fit solar panels then the feed in tariff got halved and so did my plan. Then I setup a recycling company and the price of oil collapsed and so did my recycling. Then I did the gas course and got a job fitting smart meters but the H&S was horrendous so I left. Then I setup a fencing company which I enjoyed but was only seasonal. Then my window cleaner fell and never came back so I setup a cleaning company and have never looked back. Now I have expended into maintenance and this week I have won a massive job with a big company maintaining their work units. Eventually everything has fallen into place with out much help, that's what happens when one is not that rigid, flexibility is the name of the game. 😉  

New chapter for your self published book then  🤣 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Scottish Cleaning Service said:

I should have been a politician because I have always been able to spin a negative into a positive. I study cycles and I can see the tree industry beginning to take off. After Brexit everything is in place even fuel prices will continue to rise meaning more demand for dry logs. The more money you spend on equipment then the more efficient one becomes. I spent over 3 hours one day trying to get an old sodden fence post out to put in a new one. The bottom had metal spikes sticking out and that's why it wouldn't budge but if I had the Stihl BT 131 I could have bored it out. Have one on order now with extension and 3 auger bits for my next fence job. Its expensive but its the time you save and very little earth to get rid of and little post mix or concrete to put in so it ticks all the boxes.  

Hate to break it to you but the auger will be bugger all use for that scenario. Only really any use for sandy soil or clay, and only really save time on clay soil as you can’t dig it with the spoons. Any rocks, let alone metal spikes and an old post will mean that it’s trying to break your wrists rather than dig a hole. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, doobin said:

Hate to break it to you but the auger will be bugger all use for that scenario. Only really any use for sandy soil or clay, and only really save time on clay soil as you can’t dig it with the spoons. Any rocks, let alone metal spikes and an old post will mean that it’s trying to break your wrists rather than dig a hole. 

A mans got to know his limitations and i think we have a bit of a jack arse scenario :banghead:

Fireman/window cleaner/fencer/politician/author   MIND BOGGLING  

Edited by topchippyles
  • Like 2

I don’t know. If you start with the smallest bore and work up you can do pebbly earth. Obviously not rocks or spikes. It’s a skill you soon develop once you’ve fecked yer wrists up I agree

Gosh really ? I’m so so humbled by your offer Saul truly [emoji1374] [emoji847] I’m overwhelmed and Would like to offer you out a free holiday on the Island if you ever want to visit. I have already paid for my first course the beginning of March Saul but had I not done that I would pay any amount of money to see you and Thankyou personally [emoji847] and that’s a genuine offer by the way. My brother in law owns yachts on the Island that he has on beds on board and runs a hotel on the seafront too so I can get you a weekend on either.  I wish I saw this post beforehand 🤦🏻‍♀️ Your a wee angel [emoji56] I will pm you my number if you decide to take up the offer [emoji846]

I'd check with his wife first.

• Haha 3