The woodsure scheme, do we need it?

william petts

22 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Purely playing devil’s advocate here but I thought with the new woodsure thing the supplier had to also give the purchaser a pamphlet on how to store the logs properly? And how hard is it to use Google? Ignorance is a choice these days.

That's a bit loaded Trigg !

3 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

Purely playing devil’s advocate here but I thought with the new woodsure thing the supplier had to also give the purchaser a pamphlet on how to store the logs properly? And how hard is it to use Google? Ignorance is a choice these days.

The problem is that efficiently operating a stove isn't something that most people can easily pick up by just looking at a pamphlet. You need to be interested in it and want to get it just right. I used to enjoy the art of it, but after 12 years and about 360-400 cubic metres through my own stoves, the novelty has worn off.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Big J said:

The problem is that efficiently operating a stove isn't something that most people can easily pick up by just looking at a pamphlet. You need to be interested in it and want to get it just right. I used to enjoy the art of it, but after 12 years and about 360-400 cubic metres through my own stoves, the novelty has worn off.

But surely we’re moving away from the purpose of woodsure? To deliver logs at or below a specific MC? 

Operating a modern stove efficiently when the logs are at a low MC is child’s play. No slumber setting makes smouldering quite difficult. 

Had open fires all my life. Stoves are still a bit of a novelty though, only had them for the last 15 years. But feeding two 10-11kw stoves on a daily basis is more a necessity these days. But with the Esse Ironheart having 4 controls it is slightly more of an art form. 

3 hours ago, BARNSLEY BOB said:

Got a call from woodsure today.
Luckily iam under the threshold this year.
Must be going through the Google listings.

Did they ask for proof that your under the threshold? And before they called have you contacted them or not made any contact at all?

Anyone had an audit yet? and if so how did it pan out? This whole scheme makes me want to weep, the PA of the inspector has arranged my audit for mid september, can't do any earlier as he's on holiday for two weeks! So let me get my head round this, our subscription is paying for the PA salary, the auditors salary and he decides to go on holiday just prior to log season. Aaaaaagh

2 hours ago, doobin said:

Typical attitude of babes spending other people’s money. 

Is she a babe?  Niiiiiice 😂

just had the RHI newsletter, Woodsure having taken over from Gemserve as the administration of that scheme. 

Their latest ‘long screwdriver’ QUAnGO, self justification, money spinning scheme is to develop and impose a maintenance schedule / requirement for biomass boiler owners.....

Got to pay for next years holiday and a boob job for PA somehow.....

• Like 2