The woodsure scheme, do we need it?

william petts

On 09/09/2021 at 21:11, Nicholas Johnson said:

I had a chat again today with a woman at Woodsure, she was actually extremely nice and understanding, she knows there are loopholes in the system and she understands why we feel this way, apparently they're developing a small group scheme for smaller companies, Watch this space.

The same lady rang me about 4 months ago and she mentioned a scheme for small producers then so fingers crossed we will get something good 😀 and yes she was very nice. 

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I followed a very long running thread by an absolute nutter on the greenbuildingforum, who was completely unreasonable about a neighbour with a wood burning stove.

He may have had some grounds, but was, at least in my opinion, entirely unreasonable in his expections or demands.

1 hour ago, difflock said:

I followed a very long running thread by an absolute nutter on the greenbuildingforum, who was completely unreasonable about a neighbour with a wood burning stove.

He may have had some grounds, but was, at least in my opinion, entirely unreasonable in his expections or demands.

I'm dreading this problem, a lady three doors down has said to me she thinks woodburning stoves are bad so I'm careful not to emit smoke but the smell is a bit inevitable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, openspaceman said:

I'm dreading this problem, a lady three doors down has said to me she thinks woodburning stoves are bad so I'm careful not to emit smoke but the smell is a bit inevitable.

With the price of all the mainstream heating sources going through the roof it wouldn’t be a good time to strike out at the alternatives. 

That said, when did logic ever come in to it?

Im dropping RHI registration for pellet / log production. 

Simply not work the hassle - unless this mystical ‘small producer’ scheme materialises in time and represents a relative reduction in admin balls. 

14 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

With the price of all the mainstream heating sources going through the roof it wouldn’t be a good time to strike out at the alternatives. 

Im dropping RHI registration for pellet / log production. 

Simply not work the hassle - unless this mystical ‘small producer’ scheme materialises in time and represents a relative reduction in admin balls. 

I dropped it a long while ago as I had so few RHI customers anyway. Have now got some of them back due to their RHI scheme ending.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Yeah.

I'm very dependent on wood fuel I have self sourced so my domestic heating bill for gas has only been £13 so far this year (and I need to find a way of decreasing its use for DHW by using excess PV) so stopping wood burning would be a significant cost to me.

• Like 1