Tarmac Track - Price

Commando

29 minutes ago, Commando said:

Cheers Bob, appreciate the advice.  Its the main approach into the property so I want it looking good. I'll get on it with the press washer and cold patch the holes. Have u any idea what top dressing is likely to cost? 100m x 3m?

I will get  price off our man which should be in the ballpark, either way it will need cleaning and all the gunk the moss is growing in will need to come off. For a second life on what you have you could patch it and get it tarred / chipped, or clean it up and get a few tons of sealing grit on there. Either way its not a good time of year to be messing with it.

Bob

• Like 2

2 hours ago, aspenarb said:

Either way its not a good time of year to be messing with it.

I often wonder why our local council seem to wait until winter to fill potholes, they seem to want them full of mud and water so the repair only lasts a day or two...

28 minutes ago, dumper said:

Look at viafix pothole repair you lay it with water we use it on level crossing immediate repairs and not hot

Does that work as well as they claim? I could be very tempted to get hold of some and patch our road.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, donnk said:

to clean anything living off it, dont use a pressure washer Get some hypo and put it on neat with a handheld sprayer.

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

Sodium Hypochlorite solution is used for more stubborn stains as it has an extra strength solution. It may be diluted with up...

Hypochlorite available from Mole Valley in 25l drum Royal - not the most environmentally friendly option if run off is likely but it will kill off moss algae etc. 

Useful to have a can around for all sorts of outdoor cleaning jobs. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Paul in the woods said:

I often wonder why our local council seem to wait until winter to fill potholes, they seem to want them full of mud and water so the repair only lasts a day or two...

Does that work as well as they claim? I could be very tempted to get hold of some and patch our road.

We use it to patch roads in a one hit repair it is dot spec try it I was sceptical about it it seems to work make sure you use joint paint between new and old and compact it well then do some more 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Hypochlorite available from Mole Valley in 25l drum Royal - not the most environmentally friendly option if run off is likely but it will kill off moss algae etc. 

farmers merchants have it they use it to clean dairys, once its had ran on it its pretty much neutralised so no real effect on run off.

• Like 1

Cheers Kev I got me a drum for cleaning all me cider making kit down.
Does it need to be neaters to work on moss?

16 hours ago, Paul in the woods said:

We use it to patch roads in a one hit repair it is dot spec try it I was sceptical about it it seems to work make sure you use joint paint between new and old and compact it well then do some more the more care you take the better it looks try to get a nice clean vertical edge ,we use 3mm size with a 10 MM deep edge compact with a flat punner on small areas and Whacker plate on larger areas cut back to good tarmac/ ashphalt

give the surface a good sweep before using any cleaners and make sure none are left before patching

Edited by dumper
  • Like 1