Tarmac Track - Price

Commando

14 minutes ago, AHPP said:

What’s regulating, Bob?

On a job thats prepped by others they will price their levelled finish on the understanding what they are laying tarmac on is exactly right (regulated), to them 10 tons of tarmac will do X sq mtrs so if they get to the end and they are short its down to you.They prebook the tarmac/haulage at the plant and cant always get more at the drop of a hat so a shortfall could run into another day. A guy I know had to stump up another 5k on his drive.

Bob

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, AHPP said:

What’s regulating, Bob?

It's the use of the cheapest suitable material to get your levels to lay the surface course on which is always the most expensive material on the job. Here's a rubbish picture of a regulated driveway, you can see a different material has been used to get the levels up.

After all you don't want to put 40mm of topping in a footpath if the spec for the job is 30mm.

IMG_2006.JPG

• Like 1

I was just filling potholes in my communal drive the other week.

£82 a tonn for 10mm car pave, priced it at a different new batching plant wanted 160.

Dunno how tar weighs to the M3?

Dunno if a better way to transport it but line my trailer with crappy ply and then cover with sand to stop it spoiling trailer floor.

But I'm always disappointed with the wastage, only talking a wheel barrow or. 2 so not that bad out of 2 1/2 T when doing it al lmyself.

For 450m u will be taking big money. Atleast split a few ways.

Do the folk that set up the sanctuary just pay an even share of up keep? Wot does it say in title deeds? 

I magne if u kicked up a stink about it and it went to planning they may well have to pay for a larger share of road up keep. Depends if I want to fall out with niegybours

Is drive straight? Usually u get more potholes where wheels turning so possibly tar corner sections.

But if a proper company can come in a batter it out in 1 day probably as well saving up and doing that. Be a tidy job.

But u do get machines that rotovate and mix it with cement to stabilise.

Heard plantings and red desiel work well on a hot day

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Stere said:

Narrow farm tracks with steep banks both sides no verges how do u put drainage in?

You're buggered really. No easy, cheap way of doing it. You could try to stop runoff from the fields either side, but that won't stop water running out of the bank or rain onto the surface. If it was a road you might put gullies in and try to find somewhere to take the water to. You could try digging grips into the banks to collect water but there probably isn't room. If you had a lot of money then you could probably find solutions, but I assume it isn't that easy?

Are there steep banks all the way along?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Toad said:

You're buggered really. No easy, cheap way of doing it. You could try to stop runoff from the fields either side, but that won't stop water running out of the bank or rain onto the surface. If it was a road you might put gullies in and try to find somewhere to take the water to. You could try digging grips into the banks to collect water but there probably isn't room. If you had a lot of money then you could probably find solutions, but I assume it isn't that easy?

Are there steep banks all the way along?

3 hours ago, Stere said:

Narrow farm tracks with steep banks both sides no verges how do u put drainage in?

Yep that's also an issue in this case? I guess as long as the track has enough camber to shed the water and there is scope for to to soak away into surrounding fields (already wet ground!).  The existing track doesn't hold water but it just doesn't run off that quickly hence the filled potholes just get washed out.

1 hour ago, Stere said:

Not my driveway but as alot of farm tracks around are   like that and just wondering about best  ways   drainage could be tackled.

There are a lot of rural roads that have exactly the same problem too. A hangover from their evolution from muddy tracks.