Covid 19 inconsistencies

Acerforestry

As regards Lockdown, it makes no sense to try it again. It cost the country an absolute fortune, the number of lives it saved is debatable, and the excess deaths causes as a byproduct of it (missed cancer screenings, people too scared to attend A and E etc) probably exceed the number of deaths directly caused by covid.

Given that it didn't work the first time, repeating it and hoping for a different result is the very definition of insanity.

• Like 8

44 minutes ago, Big J said:

As regards Lockdown, it makes no sense to try it again. It cost the country an absolute fortune, the number of lives it saved is debatable, and the excess deaths causes as a byproduct of it (missed cancer screenings, people too scared to attend A and E etc) probably exceed the number of deaths directly caused by covid.

Given that it didn't work the first time, repeating it and hoping for a different result is the very definition of insanity.

Totally agree J but the sheeple  will follow the instructions to the end I’m afraid. 
There are some good videos of the South Dakota way of approaching this, very much in the  Swedish model. Not at all like the lunacy currently being promoted by Nicola and as is looking very likely by Boris too. 
I can not see how people think trying the same action again will work this time when it catastrophically failed the first ?‍♂️

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnsond said:

Totally agree J but the sheeple  will follow the instructions to the end I’m afraid. 
There are some good videos of the South Dakota way of approaching this, very much in the  Swedish model. Not at all like the lunacy currently being promoted by Nicola and as is looking very likely by Boris too. 
I can not see how people think trying the same action again will work this time when it catastrophically failed the first ?‍♂️

And the first time around, compliance was better assured due to the weather improving. I cannot see how anyone is going to be expected to spent the entire winter sat inside their own homes, by themselves.

There comes a point where you have to weigh the risk to life against the quality of life within extreme control measures. For the young, the risk to health is minimal, but the implications to quality of life are extreme. Even for the elderly, many would choose to take the risk themselves rather than be confined to barracks. 

The value of a life is not measured by it's length, rather by it's quality. For many people, especially those close to the end of their lives anyway, they'd choose to spend it with the people they love, doing the things they want to do, even if there was a risk. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Is that a general statement egged or an intentional personal message.....? ?

PS - what does ACAB stand for?

Nothing personal Mr Johnson, you are always welcome here. There are only three people who call on me uninvited, the lass who used to keep her horse here, a lad I've camped with in the past and our very own Alex, none of which I mind.

ACAB, was/is tattooed across the knuckles of tw*ts. All Coppers Are Bastar*s.

Edited by eggsarascal

9 hours ago, Big J said:

And the first time around, compliance was better assured due to the weather improving. I cannot see how anyone is going to be expected to spent the entire winter sat inside their own homes, by themselves.

There comes a point where you have to weigh the risk to life against the quality of life within extreme control measures. For the young, the risk to health is minimal, but the implications to quality of life are extreme. Even for the elderly, many would choose to take the risk themselves rather than be confined to barracks. 

The value of a life is not measured by it's length, rather by it's quality. For many people, especially those close to the end of their lives anyway, they'd choose to spend it with the people they love, doing the things they want to do, even if there was a risk. 

Very well put indeed Big J. And can we not be allowed to choose whether we take the risk or not rather than have laws tell us? We are adults many of us able to take on data and make decisions based on that?

As another slightly ludicrous twist on how far the rules are going - it was our daughters friends birthday last weekend. We both have x3 in each family - we met in a restaurant had lunch - but we had to sing happy birthday outside [in the teeth of a 40 mph wind] as apparently you are not allowed to do this inside ie. people singing more chance of spittle, infection blah blah and another blah!