Covid 19 inconsistencies

Acerforestry

Short of beds....

Hospitals in north of England 'to run out of Covid beds within a week

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Health chiefs warn they plan to ditch routine surgery as second wave seriously disrupts NHS

Probabaly means more severe lockdowns coming.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Steve Bullman said:

So this morning out baby sitter came over to watch the baby for a couple hours. We were chatting with her and she told us how her daughter(university student) had been invited to have a covid test as part of a survey or something. That seemed a bit odd. Why are they inviting people for tests when apparently they can't keep up with tests? Then as the day went on, I went for a sports massage where my masseuese told me she had a letter regarding the same thing. They want her to have a covid test once a week for a month, and then once a month for the following 11 months. They even come to her house to carry out these tests(she lives in the middle of nowhere). Whats this all about?

My in-laws have just started the same thing. Supposedly they'll get just under a grand between them for the years worth of testing. Very odd. 

So this morning out baby sitter came over to watch the baby for a couple hours. We were chatting with her and she told us how her daughter(university student) had been invited to have a covid test as part of a survey or something. That seemed a bit odd. Why are they inviting people for tests when apparently they can't keep up with tests? Then as the day went on, I went for a sports massage where my masseuese told me she had a letter regarding the same thing. They want her to have a covid test once a week for a month, and then once a month for the following 11 months. They even come to her house to carry out these tests(she lives in the middle of nowhere). Whats this all about?
This is random testing of the population so that they can try to get information on how widespread covid is iin the general population. Completely random and they've been doing it from fairly near the beginning. Enables them to establish infection rates and trends. Nothing new.

2 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

A mate of mine is just on his way back from two weeks in the sun in Turkey, he doesn't have to quarantine. Two screenshots, I couldn't fit it all on one.

IMG_1984.PNG

IMG_1985.PNG

So everyone's exempt apart from folk on holiday? :D 

Seems like he got very lucky. When Im passing through Aberdeen Airport they seem to follow the rules a lot more closely. At the time you had to be on actually work duty, have a letter from your employer and also flying back outta the country back to your rotation within the next 14 days. 

Has he actually passed though customs yet or does he just think he's exempt because he seen his work title on the list?  

10 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

So everyone's exempt apart from folk on holiday? :D 

Seems like he got very lucky. When Im passing through Aberdeen Airport they seem to follow the rules a lot more closely. At the time you had to be on actually work duty, have a letter from your employer and also flying back outta the country back to your rotation within the next 14 days. 

Has he actually passed though customs yet or does he just think he's exempt because he seen his work title on the list?  

I can only tell you what he's told me, he questioned it at Dalaman airport and was told that if his job title was on the list he wouldn't have to quarantine. He'll be in the air now, I'll ask him what happens when he gets back this end.

Edited by eggsarascal
  • Like 1

Just now, eggsarascal said:

I can only tell you what he's told me, he questioned it at Dalaman airport and was told that if is job title was on the list he wouldn't have to quarantine. He'll be in the air now, I'll ask him what happens when he gets back this end.

No, I get that. :) Just curious thats all. I'll be flying back to work on the 20th so will have the joys of whatever Herr Sturgeon has cooked up a month later. 

I think your mates got it wrong but if he's right then all the better, its a complete farce anyway. 

3 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

No, I get that. :) Just curious thats all. I'll be flying back to work on the 20th so will have the joys of whatever Herr Sturgeon has cooked up a month later. 

I think your mates got it wrong but if he's right then all the better, its a complete farce anyway. 

I've just had a look at the gov website and I think you are correct, I've sneakily taken the below screenshot. If I'm reading it correctly he wouldn't need to quarantine if he had been to Turkey doing the job he usually does in England, it doesn't mention returning from holiday. 

IMG_1986.PNG

25 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

I've just had a look at the gov website and I think you are correct, I've sneakily taken the below screenshot. If I'm reading it correctly he wouldn't need to quarantine if he had been to Turkey doing the job he usually does in England, it doesn't mention returning from holiday. 

IMG_1986.PNG

Thats how I read it as well, hence the letter from your employer. It seems more geared to folk coming to the UK to work and not folk working in other countries and coming back to live in the UK after doing the job in another location. 

I managed to avoid quarantine coming back into Aberdeen by showing Boarder Force my work schedule that showed me heading back to Norway within 14 days. 

1 hour ago, petercb said:
16 hours ago, Steve Bullman said:

Read more  

This is random testing of the population so that they can try to get information on how widespread covid is iin the general population. Completely random and they've been doing it from fairly near the beginning. Enables them to establish infection rates and trends. Nothing new.

That's what we like, random testing to go along with the random death numbers, random control measures, random facts and figures, random lockdowns in random areas, random rule of six and just the whole random randomness of it all. Can't wait for the movie to come out!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1