Face coverings

gary112

4 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

I haven't got a problem wearing a face covering, (please don't keep calling them masks, shop owners will NOT recognise a face covering else).

I just don't get how we can go down the pub, or send kids to school without face coverings yet we need to use them to nip to Tesco.

The pub thing is just to get businesses up and running again, wouldnt work if you had to wear a mask. Kids dont seem to be transmitting the virus to either each other or to adults so they are a very low risk. So really its not a big ask to wear a mask and it cuts the transmission rate a lot, doesnt stop you catching it but it helps to stop you spreading it. Thats not just stuff ive read but info from my mrs who is involved in the research of covid.

• Like 4

They are bit late really in deciding to only bring this rule in now.

many will only get essential food shop now after this and shops are likely to see sales Down and some even next to none.

Very strange times indeed .will be interesting to see how this one pans out

• Like 2

Just now, Jack.P said:

They are bit late really in deciding to only bring this rule in now.

many will only get essential food shop now after this and shops are likely to see sales Down and some even next to none.

Very strange times indeed .will be interesting to see how this one pans out

I will not be doing any shopping or going anywhere that requires me to wear a mask unless absolutely essential. What was not ordered on-line before most certainly will be now. The missus already does the shopping on-line when Im in Norway, I'll just let her carry on when Im back. 

I dont think I'll be alone in my reluctance to venture out and spend money when having to do so in that level of discomfort regardless if you believe the hype or not. The High Streets and other businesses are gonna be decimated. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

I will not be doing any shopping or going anywhere that requires me to wear a mask unless absolutely essential. What was not ordered on-line before most certainly will be now. The missus already does the shopping on-line when Im in Norway, I'll just let her carry on when Im back. 

I dont think I'll be alone in my reluctance to venture out and spend money when having to do so in that level of discomfort regardless if you believe the hype or not. The High Streets and other businesses are gonna be decimated. 

The downside to this reaction is another step closer to a cashless society and completely dead high streets. When all the shops are gone and it's all on-line, a lot of the smaller on-line businesses will never compete with the likes of amazon etc and also disappear.

• Like 3

Just now, woodwizzard said:

The downside to this reaction is another step closer to a cashless society and completely dead high streets. When all the shops are gone and it's all on-line, a lot of the smaller on-line businesses will never compete with the likes of amazon etc and also disappear.

This is very true and also quite worrying. Yet there is still a sizable majority who think this 'pandemic' is not being manipulated. I use my local Hardware store as much as I can, as with the Butcher and the like. It does seem like the Government is using this as a way to push through a cashless society and now have people so scared that they are welcoming in draconian measures that once implemented will become the new norm and almost impossible to back track on. All to just feel safe from the bogieman that is C-19 and is supposedly hiding behind every bush and shadow. Problem, Reaction, Solution springs to mind. Create a problem, wait for the public's reaction and demand for 'protection' and offer up a solution that erodes their liberties severely. You cant even discuss this in public as you're seen as not thinking of others. Or not taking this pandemic seriously. 

I'm over in Norway just now. Life is almost back to normality. Pubs are full, streets packed out with tourists, now on the Rig and although there is some controls in place, ie dinner is served to you as opposed to spooning your own meals and your temp is taken once a day its back to normal now. Quarantine has been lifted from Schengen and EEC Countries including the UK. So although Ive done three stints in isolated Quarantine to come to work in Norway over the last 3-4 months thats now (for the time being) a thing of the past.

Once you enter Norway you're expected to take a C-19 test and then a second within 48 hours. Interestingly though if you've tested positive to anti-bodies by an approved authority you get a 6 months free pass. 

• Like 3

So... you're worried about this all being a step towards a cashless society and the small businesses will have to close and the market will become dominated by the big corporations that operate online. 

But you're not going to go to shops that require you to wear a mask unless absolutely essential. 

I get it that people don't like wearing masks, it's not very pleasant and I'd much rather see everyone else's faces too,  but is your brief discomfort more important than supporting your local businesses through this difficult time?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Ireland will follow the UK on masks in shops from Monday. We have Texans flying in now, Texans, as you may have heard, are more dangerous than tourists from other states and countries... Pub opening pushed back three weeks.

The mask mandate is window dressing to cover political embarrassment. They have to keep spinning the narrative that we are all in grave danger, to retrospectively justify their initial overreaction and economically devastating policies.

Edited by Haironyourchest
  • Like 4