Need a knot suggestion

Steve Bullman

Can you do that end first? Any knot I can think of lets string out of both ends as it tightens and so will be loose inside the balls.

Otherwise you want something like tent pole elastic so you can pull some out before knotting and then it will pull back when you let go.

4 hours ago, Steve Bullman said:

Not for climbing :)

Need some sort of cinching knot to put on this loop. It needs to snug right up to the beads so they can’t be separated easily under load. Any clever suggestions?

F39FFABF-464B-4CD9-8B89-7CB9BE5A15EE.jpeg

There is a guy who lives in Ipswich makes his entire living doing knotting and splicing and associated consultancy.  I forget his name but he trades as footrope knots.  What he does not know about knots is not worth knowing.

Edited by Squaredy
Auto bloody correct!

@Matthew Norman Will come up with something. I'm sure there is a way to do this.

Whats on the other end? This is how I'd do it. Do the loop, then a crown knot, then the beads, then seal the end.

If you want to be really fancy, drill the end with a pilot, drill again so stop the knot pulling through, tie the knot then hammer some dowell in to fill the hole and sand it all off clean