Cyclists and C19 .

Stubby

2 minutes ago, Will C said:

Horses and riders should have to have a test to check they can cope with traffic, and should carry insurance, as should push bikes. That might slow the buggers up a bit.

I think third party insurance for bikes (and horses) is a very good idea. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Big J said:

I emphatically agree. There is no place for horses on 21st century roads.

The arrogance is quite staggering sometimes. Last year, I had the distinct displeasure of having to follow a mounted hunt for over a mile down a lane to get to site. Having lived in Scotland for 13 years, seeing a mounted hunt is quite a culture shock, and they made no effort to make way for the line of traffic that had accumulated behind them. Horseback, costumed toffs with bloodlust are a demographic I have precisely no time for.

Dear oh dear J, that’s the selective freedom theory coming out again, as in the right to vote views you espoused often. So last year you had a delay of a few mins caused by horses for the first time in 14-15 years ?‍♂️?‍♂️Come on J how often do we sit behind tractors or construction eqpt !! Should we ban them !!.  Horses ridden or driven  have every right to be on suitable roads as per the Highway Code. Going down the route of banning what you don’t like is a dangerous path to take. Bit like banning certain sports or pastimes you don’t agree with, its great if it’s not you that’s affected. Your comment on the demographic and the description you used show a total ignorance of the variety of groups involved in what was more than likely a drag hunt. What about driven Boar hunts using dogs in your beloved Deutschland ??. Fox hunting is Banned J if you saw something to justify the bloodlust comments you should have contacted the correct authorities, if they were being flushed out then totally legal. 

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, Johnsond said:
36 minutes ago, Big J said:

I think third party insurance for bikes (and horses) is a very good idea. 

More bullshit legislation and regulations J I think in every day life we have enough of that already.  

A good idea and compulsory are two different things

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

A good idea and compulsory are two different things

All the horses that come out of the yard where my wife keeps hers are covered by insurance . Don't suppose all yards do it but ours does .

• Like 6

An old timer we knew who actually had to work horses pre-mechanisation put it like this:

Strength of an elephant
nerves of a cat and
intelligence of a rabbit

Making a call to get a spannerhead on a problem is just a different mindset to being horsey.
There's a lot of close-knit old money in Devon. Word gets around about the impatient comer's in.
If you know what I mean

• Like 4
  • Haha 1