Covid-19

Baldbloke

11 minutes ago, David Cropper said:

Good for you pal,  I'm not being sarky. But I am about your response about cops over reacting. How do you know what the circumstances were, it could have been a well known family of troublemakers,  I don't know and neither do you. What's me with living in France got to do with it? We wouldn't get away with half the nonsense that seems to be acceptable in the U.K. and for that I'm glad. These rules aren't there to cause disruption for the sake of it. They're for a good reason.

But your previous posts about French builders blocking your drive and generally shrugging the social distancing situation off makes me think that France hasn’t got things locked down or are in any more control than here?

My friend in Nontron had a visit last night from the Gendarmes for having a fire in his garden after the end of March, so the French must still be upholding the law despite this?

Edited by The avantgardener
  • Like 1

That’s just about the most intense job there is, especially wearing all the ppe.  A friend of ours works in icu, her face is now all marked from mask.
can only take pre planned breaks cause have to change ppe to use loo,
so next to impossible to drink enough to stay hydrated.
must be exhausting.
hope your daughter stays safe and well[emoji106]
Yep ! My sister is a respiratory nurse, doing 12 hr shifts etc all with full ppe ( including out of date masks) I bow down to every single one of them. I have to wear them for maybe an hour max when on wards doing maintenance, and that's more than enough. But what pirates me, is the fact when all this is over, the frontline staff will be forgotten about, whist the stay at home 'managers' will be taking all the credit.
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, The avantgardener said:

But your previous posts about French builders blocking your drive and generally shrugging the social distancing situation off makes me think that France hasn’t got things locked down any more than here?

France is a very big country, cops can't be everywhere.  We are in a very rural position, I don't expect to see coppers descending on builders flouting the situation. I'm certainly not going to ring them to inform them. It doesn't mean I'm happy with it all. I went out the other day when one  van pulled up, driver got out, threw his fag away then gobbed on the road near my house. He got more than an earful, told to park his wagon down the way from my place. I get on ok with these lads, but that was beyond the pail for me. There is no way that I am putting my family in harms way with people who don't give a stuff, we've been through enough crap this past month. I'm more than capable of standing up for myself, my wife can't. 

Edited by David Cropper

Just now, David Cropper said:

France is a very big country, cops can't be everywhere.  We are in a very rural position, I don't expect to see coppers descending on builders flouting the situation. I'm certainly not going to ring them to inform them. It doesn't mean I'm happy with it all. I went out the other day when one  van pulled up, driver got out, threw his fag away then gopped on the road near my house. He got more than an earful, told to park his wagon down the way from my place. I get on ok with these lads, but that was beyond the pail for me. There is no way that I am putting my family in harms way with people who don't give a stuff, we've been through enough crap this past month. I'm more than capable of standing up for myself, my wife can't. 

I get your situation and I am glad your wife is on the mend. I am pretty sure this brother in question had no intention of harming his immediate family either, the Police response to the virus in the U.K has ranged from county to county, it has been barely involved to heavy handed  bordering on the fanatic.

35 minutes ago, Mark J said:

Seems Priti Patel went to the same maths class as Diane Abbot.

METRO.CO.UK

Priti Patel had trouble with getting her words and data out at the Downing St daily press briefing.

Hannibal Lecter has more empathy than yon bint!! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3