Covid-19

Baldbloke

17 hours ago, harvey b davison said:
On 12/04/2020 at 12:29, s o c said:
That’s just about the most intense job there is, especially wearing all the ppe.  A friend of ours works in icu, her face is now all marked from mask.
can only take pre planned breaks cause have to change ppe to use loo,
so next to impossible to drink enough to stay hydrated.
must be exhausting.
hope your daughter stays safe and wellemoji106.png

Read more  

Yep ! My sister is a respiratory nurse, doing 12 hr shifts etc all with full ppe ( including out of date masks) I bow down to every single one of them. I have to wear them for maybe an hour max when on wards doing maintenance, and that's more than enough. But what pirates me, is the fact when all this is over, the frontline staff will be forgotten about, whist the stay at home 'managers' will be taking all the credit.

And €180k a year in many cases

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

because empathy is definitely not a requirement for that position.  

I think we all have the capacity for being empathetic & putting ourselves in "someone else`s shoes" 

Edited by Logdaft

12 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

I quite agree, because empathy is definitely not a requirement for that position. :) She seems to be handling herself very well, but there will always be complainers and moaners. 

She messed the maths up like Abbott did, why are you not ridiculing her in the same way?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

She messed the maths up like Abbott did, why are you not ridiculing her in the same way?

Well Abbacus was consistently in a world of her own when it came to facts and figures. Year in year out her maths where an abomination. Although Ive not watched the clip it seems like she's fluffed up what she was saying. The link even stated she had trouble getting her words out. So no, I'll not ridicule her for one slip up. Where it to be come a habit then yes I would. :) 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Logdaft said:

I think we all have the capacity for being empathetic & putting ourselves in "someone else`s shoes" 

Yes, of course. Its merely your (biased?) opinion that she does not have these traits. Do you have any evidence to back up your point of view other than; She Tory = Tory Bad? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Yes, of course. Its merely your (biased?) opinion that she does not have these traits. Do you have any evidence to back up your point of view other than; She Tory = Tory Bad? 

Where did I say anything about her being Tory?

Apart from not seeming to have any empathy, she is also (allegedly?) Quote:- "an aggressive bully ...  a former aide to Patel received a £25,000 Government payout after a threatened lawsuit in which she was named"

Nice person eh?

• Like 1

Just now, Logdaft said:

Where did I say anything about her being Tory?

Apart from not seeming to have any empathy, she is also (allegedly?) Quote:- "an aggressive bully ...  a former aide to Patel received a £25,000 Government payout after a threatened lawsuit in which she was named"

Nice person eh?

Sounds like she has some Balls on her. I like her even more now, thanks for sharing. :) 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Do you have any evidence to back up your point of view other than; She Tory = Tory Bad? 

There is a long  list of them  but you may regard them as positive attributes.

Israel meetings, wanting the death penalty, windrush, hostile enviroment etc.

Edited by Stere
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1