Covid-19

Baldbloke

1 minute ago, s o c said:

I’m sure there are many cases like that. Probably be cases where neighbours will fall out permanently and cases where don’t like each other to begin with will put in reports 

I agree. This winds me up so much. Speak to some of the lads on here who's at the sharp end, see if they think it's an over the top reaction by the police. I think not!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, difflock said:

Speaking of waterways sayings, while growing up(and the process is still some way from completion) my father and his brother would have said sommat like "not much room to get wined in there, better reverse in", i.e. no room to get turned="wined"

Then I saw a reference to "windings" being the wider stretch of water where canal boats could get turned, by "winding" them round with ropes, presumably?

I this correct, and how it found its way into the Co. Londonderry farming language I have no idea.

Correct again Marcus, you do wind (as in windy) a narrowboat,(turn it). Mainly in winding 'oles, or on the Wides. Reversing a narrowboat is a art.

6 minutes ago, David Cropper said:

You say it was a family gathering and suggest that too many coppers attended. If one copper turned up, or even two and the family started performing, what then? The Police are damned if they do and damned if they don't. Lock the stupid bastards up If they flout the rules. Absolute idiots, I can't understand your reasoning even commenting about this. 

I AGREE BUT EGGS IS JUST BEING EGGS AND ALWAYS SOMETHING TO SAY  ? OR TRIGGER HAS ?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, topchippyles said:

I AGREE BUT EGGS IS JUST BEING EGGS AND ALWAYS SOMETHING TO SAY  ? OR TRIGGER HAS ?

Sorry pal, maybe so, but it's  not a case of making a comment for the sake of it. I've totally lost my sense of humour on this subject. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, difflock said:

Our daughter is now on the 12 Hr ICU shifts, though NI is still behind the curve, and apparently the local C Exec has also informed NHS staff that it may not be so bad as feared, at least in respect of the numbers presenting here in NI.

That’s just about the most intense job there is, especially wearing all the ppe.  A friend of ours works in icu, her face is now all marked from mask.

can only take pre planned breaks cause have to change ppe to use loo,

so next to impossible to drink enough to stay hydrated.

must be exhausting.

hope your daughter stays safe and well?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

This isn't a row, I just think it was over the top. 

Feck me! This place is hard work at timex

Eggs, at the moment I'm as twitchy as Hell. Seeing my wife loaded into the ambulance and me thinking would I ever see her again was absolutely horrendous. She seems to be fine now, in the last three days back to normal. Two days ago she started coughing and barking again. Thank God it was the pollen from our wisteria that caused it I thought the worst. If anybody thinks that I'm overreacting on this thread, maybe I am, but tough.

Edited by David Cropper
  • Like 4