Chancellor is on now 5 PM self employed help

topchippyles

It offers some parity with the employee scheme - 80% of profits up to £2,500 a month for three months initially. Unlike the employee scheme, the self-employed can continue to work. It is targeted at up to 3.8 million of the 5 million people registered as self-employed, who earn under £50k. The money, backdated till March, will arrive directly into people's banks accounts from HMRC as a lump sum for all three months, but not until June. The grants will be taxable, and will need to be declared on tax returns by January 2022.

What work?
Who are you taking with you?
Or lone working with a chainsaw?

I think it sounds good to me. the tax year is ending- if any of us have a viable buisness it is likely we will be paying tax. With the tax payment delayed, use that money to help tide you over to June, try and do any jobs that can be done under the bounds of safety... I don’t think we can ask for a lot more TBH.

personnally- if I get enough work to tide me over that I can safely do I’d prefer to just do that- but everyone’s situation is different and I’m lucky that I work on my own in remote places most of the time.

• Like 4

I guess the delay means many of us will need to use overdrafts or credit cards to tide us over.  So I think that should be workable for most.  To be self-employed you should be able to manage peaks and troughs to a degree.  I for one have many times had to use overdraft and interest free periods on credit cards to enable me to buy stuff for business or even to pay workers.

One option I did consider was applying for a job doing deliveries for a third party in conjunction with Amazon.  In my area they are offering people with a small van and a cleanish license £143 per day self-employed basis full time.  With the roads so quiet that is quite an attractive option just as a stop-gap.  Come to think of it I find that quite attractive full stop.  £700 per week and diesel, would be way more than I have earned since I entered the world of Trees in 2008.

• Like 11

25 minutes ago, Squaredy said:

One option I did consider was applying for a job doing deliveries for a third party in conjunction with Amazon.  In my area they are offering people with a small van and a cleanish license £143 per day self-employed basis full time.  With the roads so quiet that is quite an attractive option just as a stop-gap.  Come to think of it I find that quite attractive full stop.  £700 per week and diesel, would be way more than I have earned since I entered the world of Trees in 2008.

Damn! Might need to go buy a van. :D 

• Haha 1

If they cant sort things out a bit faster than that, it goes to show how much we are needed, Nothing in this crisis should be based on salary/earnings, its all about getting through it under Government ruling and now movment restrictions, in my eyes it should be the same for all , If you earned £50k as a PAYE Employee or weather you earned £15k as a oddjob man the loaf on the shelf is the same price, why should it be any different when it comes to finanacal government help, ONE thing i have lernt since 5pm is i am going to go and buy a bigger tin,as we have been shit on again, and as one guy who i have spoke to this aft has said if they dont treat us right, this is his time to scale back on earnings/turnover but only on paper and FUCK em, 

• Like 2

Unless I read it wrong, I suspect anyone that has ploughed profit back into plant & machinery should expect next to SFA from this. 

Also, early analysis suggest grants received ‘now’ (actually after June 1) will be classed as taxable income come end 20/21 SATR. 

You couldn’t make it up ?

@Mark J - now would be a good time to send me a JC fan club subscription ?

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Unless I read it wrong, I suspect anyone that has ploughed profit back into plant & machinery should expect next to SFA from this. 

Also, early analysis suggest grants received ‘now’ (actually after June 1) will be classed as taxable income come end 20/21 SATR. 

You couldn’t make it up ?

@Mark J - now would be a good time to send me a JC fan club subscription ?

Just a few days left to try run at a monumental loss so no tax to pay but then no help off government. Either lol 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, spuddog0507 said:

now movment restrictions,

Travel to and from work is an exempted activity. 

There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in the dotGov guidance that places any addition caveats on the nature, location or perceived ‘urgency’ of the work. 

That has all been added afterwards by lower level ‘authorities.’

Boris, like Donald, as perfectly cognisant of the negative effect of closing industries down. There is a specific list of businesses that MUST close, if you ain’t on the list, you don’t have to close. 

7B71B378-B363-42E4-978F-1DF720A135E3.jpeg

Edited by kevinjohnsonmbe