Let’s see your pictures of spring.

Mick Dempsey

First Swallows here, on the Nth coast of Antrim this evening, only 3 so far, but  .  .  .

And the Brown trout are feeding much more actively, saw one a clean clear foot out of the water this morning.

Better than the TV, with the birdsong all around.

All it needs is a beer to be absolutely perfect.

• Like 5

Seen some starlings nesting today. Very active little numbers thems be. Fantastic plumage. 

after cutting up some wood in the summer sun, I went for a quick walk in the woods, I heard a couple of ducks giving it some and discovered a buzzard was swoopin round the pond. Agitating the ducks. Poor buggers. Anyway on the way I got a sudden strong smell of wild honey and hit me with a spanner, there was a wild honey bees nest in a rotting tree, what a wonderful sight. 

this evening the owls are out in full swing with a lot of toowit-toowoos going on. 

ps: when you read this, you have to read it with a Cornish accent, it sounds a lot better like that. 

• Like 3

Spring in full flow, here in lockdown France.  Took my daily exercise tramping through the wood yesterday - flowers abound - couple of photos - although I've posted before, anyone want to have a guess at the last one (I now know what they are - v. interesting plant tho).

Just about to post on show us ya birds thread - guess it's spring related - may be of interest

IMG_5937.JPG

IMG_5950.JPG

IMG_5996.JPG

IMG_5923.JPG

• Like 4

20 hours ago, ABtrees said:

Spring in full flow, here in lockdown France.  Took my daily exercise tramping through the wood yesterday - flowers abound - couple of photos - although I've posted before, anyone want to have a guess at the last one (I now know what they are - v. interesting plant tho).

IMG_5923.JPG

I know that plant as the parasitic purple thing, a quick google reminds me it's purple toothwort. Wiki says it's know as clandestine in France, is that true?