Lock Down?

5 shires

6 minutes ago, gary112 said:

I,m with you to a point,but i know of a chap who got a life changing illness a few yrs back and his missus had to care for him,his kids got free school meals and they got a lot of help otherwise and i know it would have killed em to have there kids took off em,there has to be exceptions Andy

You're right, there is exceptions. The example you wrote is a perfect example of what the system is for. The vast majority abuse it though. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, trigger_andy said:

You're right, there is exceptions. The example you wrote is a perfect example of what the system is for. The vast majority abuse it though. 

Unfortunately your spot on,the system is abused badly

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EdwardC said:

Keep the iPhone, eat the kids.

And if you're panic buying bog roll and can't find any, ever wondered why. If you get really panicked at the lack of bog roll, despite having bought 40 dozen twelve packs, enough for 10 years, start stockpiling immodium for when the paper runs out.

I refuse to stockpile anything. We're now hearing baby formula is being bought by panic buyers as milk and powdered milk is running out. Which is just great when we have an 8 month old. The missus breastfeeds as best she can but the wee one is a bloody gannet. :D 

• Like 2

Gendarmes stopping every vehicule exiting and entering town.

So far no fines imposed first afternoon but that will quickly change.

I must complete an 'attestation' for every journey and belt and braces, back it up with the job quote, business reg. cert and a procuration from my employeur (wife) that I am about legitimate company business.

If I wanted to stop off at the Supermarket on the way home, I would require another 'attestation' for this task...ffs.

Stuart

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Rough Hewn said:

Schools will be closed by Friday.
Take your kids to work starts Monday
?emoji106.png

I think your right about the schools, my little one came home with a notebook and pencil from her teacher today, they will have some on line work to do no doubt. They are worried that if the kids are off they may infect the grandparents. At the school my missus works at quite a lot of the grandparents drop the kids off so that the parents can go to work. I don’t know anyone with a full time job that fits around school hours.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eggsarascal said:

The shit will hit the fan when schools do close, all those kids who get free school diners at home needing to be fed an extra meal a day.

Yup there is going to be a lot of neglected kids out there. One reason why they don't like shutting schools, a lot of kids rely on a decent meal and the support a school provides.