Lock Down?

5 shires

In France, starting today, we have to download a statement, print it off,  a different copy for every time you leave the house. It has your name, date of birth, your address then a tick box section to state your reason for being out. Work, health visit,  shopping or visiting an ageing relative. Gendarmes will be checking apparently. Fines of €38  then €131 if not paid on time if out without the statement. All well and good, Macron is doing something right. He was spurred on after seeing loads of folk wandering around Paris in the sunshine last weekend, not giving a stuff about contagion. No social gatherings but protests are allowed! The Yellow Vests were out in force at the weekend in Paris apparently. I worked yesterday locally, one French client then one Brit, asked them to stay out of the way, no hand shaking (next to impossible over here!) but everyone seems to understand that times have changed.

Interesting times.

I did have a go at Panic buying in Waitrose this morning. 2 tins O beans, 2x milk.... no bog roll. Then Morrisons, no bog roll ! On way back home, Indian corner shop with one pack of Andrex in window. Pop in and buy it ( at RRP by the way )  I say " that the last one ? "  he says " no mate, I will will replace that in window when yr gone - stops all the panic buying idiots and shoplifters ! " trust a asian corner shop to come up with the right solution fr the UK ! K

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, David Cropper said:

In France, starting today, we have to download a statement, print it off,  a different copy for every time you leave the house. It has your name, date of birth, your address then a tick box section to state your reason for being out. Work, health visit,  shopping or visiting an ageing relative. Gendarmes will be checking apparently. Fines of €38  then €131 if not paid on time if out without the statement. All well and good, Macron is doing something right. He was spurred on after seeing loads of folk wandering around Paris in the sunshine last weekend, not giving a stuff about contagion. No social gatherings but protests are allowed! The Yellow Vests were out in force at the weekend in Paris apparently. I worked yesterday locally, one French client then one Brit, asked them to stay out of the way, no hand shaking (next to impossible over here!) but everyone seems to understand that times have changed.

Interesting times.

No gathering - by diktat of the government!

Mange tout Marline - doesn’t apply iffum yome protesting AGAINST the government!

That is so delightfully Gallic ? (I wish there was a an emoji of a man sat in a puddle of wee, pissing oneself ?)

??????️?s

I did have a go at Panic buying in Waitrose this morning. 2 tins O beans, 2x milk.... no bog roll. Then Morrisons, no bog roll ! On way back home, Indian corner shop with one pack of Andrex in window. Pop in and buy it ( at RRP by the way )  I say " that the last one ? "  he says " no mate, I will will replace that in window when yr gone - stops all the panic buying idiots and shoplifters ! " trust a asian corner shop to come up with the right solution fr the UK ! K

War, famine, pestilence....... business as usual.
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

No gathering - by diktat of the government!

Mange tout Marline - doesn’t apply iffum yome protesting AGAINST the government!

That is so delightfully Gallic ? (I wish there was a an emoji of a man sat in a puddle of wee, pissing oneself ?)

??????️?s

I can probably find a photo of myself doing just that in my glory days, if that is the way your mind works. 

unless I catch it then im carrying on as normal grafting and going for a pint if the pub is open. Sooner we all catch it and get immune the sooner this nonsense can stop.

Fair enough the coffin dodgers need to self isolate if they choose.

• Like 4