Covid-19

Ratman

Interesting that lots of the Scandinavian countries are not limiting movements and locking down on the levels that us and other countries are, but they aren’t seeing massive death rates and overwhelmed health services. Sweden seem very low key with the whole Covid  situation.

Edited by The avantgardener

3 hours ago, The avantgardener said:

And I bet this pans out to be correct too.

You think so? Dreadful video as far as I am concerned but for what purpose I have no idea. The spurious "they" used here and there. The UK the WHO the papers who knows? Just an example where he says how flu data has been removed. Really?

WWW.GOV.UK

Public Health England publishes overviews each year of influenza surveillance results from the winter period.

Again I am bewildered by this playing it down. Much of Europe sat on its hands as they came to us all and is now is frantically trying get the jack back in the box with the lockdowns. They are not killing their economies for laughs but to save lives.

I will nail my colours to the mast and estimate that by the time this has been through  the UK it will have left between 250,00 and 500,00 dead. 

Edited by Woodworks
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Rob D said:

Yep I'm not saying it's an easy call to make but we are currently not in a comfortable position at the moment [due to the imposed lock down]. Or maybe speak for yourself - for myself trying to work in a flat with a 3 year old at home 24/7 is not comfortable! Have I taken the additional stress out on my daughter at times over the last 2 weeks - yes I have. Do you think in some families this may run to violence at home - it makes sense that it has and it will. It's a hard line to walk but it reminds me of health and safety - being too heavy handed can and does cause more issues than it solves.

That’s not what I really meant by being in a comfortable position, I meant we can speculate possible outcomes and we won’t be held responsible for our thoughts, whereas the government will be (in either scenario) for a generation. 
so many theories and strategies going around we won’t know which is/was correct probably for 10 yrs or so. A bit like Brexit!

4 minutes ago, Matthew Storrs said:

That’s not what I really meant by being in a comfortable position, I meant we can speculate possible outcomes and we won’t be held responsible for our thoughts, whereas the government will be (in either scenario) for a generation. 
so many theories and strategies going around we won’t know which is/was correct probably for 10 yrs or so. A bit like Brexit!

I see where you're coming from but I'm not sure the government is ever really held to account for anything [other than a few used as scapegoats]. Looking at the Spanish Flu pandemic 1918 it seems that the first wave was not too serious but the second wave was far far more deadly. I hope this virus does not run the same way. If it does then I suppose these lock downs and precautions would give some preparation for that.

I think the reason he is "banned" from the media is because he is a bit bonkers. 

Obviously an intelligent guy and talks a lot of sense but then goes off on a tangent that discredits him. 

A worldwide conspiracy to do down the over 70's?

How many world leaders fall into that bracket?

• Like 7

3 hours ago, woodwizzard said:

Interesting take on things.

I think he will be eating his words.

For his conspiracy theory to be correct surly every government around the world who is currently acting on this issue would have to be in on it?

The death toll has quadrupled since he made that video which was about two weeks ago when the death toll was 8,000.

Hope he's right though.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Woodworks said:

You think so? Dreadful video as far as I am concerned but for what purpose I have no idea. The spurious "they" used here and there. The UK the WHO the papers who knows? Just an example where he says how flu data has been removed. Really?

WWW.GOV.UK

Public Health England publishes overviews each year of influenza surveillance results from the winter period.

Again I am bewildered by this playing it down. Much of Europe sat on its hands as they came to us all and is now is frantically trying get the jack back in the box with the lockdowns. They are not killing their economies for laughs but to save lives.

I will nail my colours to the mast and estimate that by the time this has been through  the UK it will have left between 250,00 and 500,00 dead. 

All dead by confirmed Corvid 19? I seriously doubt that.

20 minutes ago, Mesterh said:

I think he will be eating his words.

For his conspiracy theory to be correct surly every government around the world who is currently acting on this issue would have to be in on it?

The death toll has quadrupled since he made that video which was about two weeks ago when the death toll was 8,000.

Hope he's right though.

Quintupled.

17 minutes ago, The avantgardener said:

All dead by confirmed Corvid 19? I seriously doubt that.

No, but then people rarely die of just one thing. It is for many, the straw that breaks the camel's back. The one commonality in the elevated mortality rate that the West is presently experiencing is the presence of a positive covid 19 diagnosis. That cannot be ignored.

Edited by Big J
  • Like 1