Covid-19

Ratman

23 hours ago, Youngstu said:

Wow! 

I didn't comment on your points about the union's for no particular reason, but as you asked so nicely😉....

My wife and her colleagues have little or nothing to do with them as there is basically no union presence in her school and most of the schools in the local area. This is quite a common situation these days in smaller schools and the whole MAT/ academy thing sticks two fingers up to them anyway which is a bad thing with regards to working conditions etc in my opinion. 

I do know however that in November and January when everything else was being shut other than schools, everyone else being told to work from home, socially distance etc and my wife and her colleagues were being told to go into small classrooms packed with 30+ 16 year olds. The general feeling/ impression given was that their health and vulnerability was worth sacrificing for the child minding services they provide. That's not to say that they wanted to not be in school, more that their health etc was worth the sacrifice in the view of those making the rules. The teaching profession has a lot of martyrs who would sacrifice everything for their students. School managements know this, gov knows this so they can get away with a lot more than they should. You could argue that this was the right point for the union's to step in which is what they did. I'm sure that whether you like or believe in what's happening ( which I know you don't), it makes no sense to say that society has to socially distance other than schools and teachers as they're magically immuned to transmission. 

My wife and her colleagues want to get back in as soon as possible for the good of their students, particularly those in critical years, but from my point of view I hope they're offered the vaccine as a priority group before it's decided that they should stop the whole isolation ahead of other industries and the rest of society. 

I think you're over generalising here and also ignoring the fact that the vast majority of Teachers are Left Wing and dare I say it detest everything Tory? The Teachers Union certainly do and you seem to be heavily downplaying the power and leverage the Union has over Teachers as a whole and to think that the Union is not using Covid as a political weapon at the sacrifice of children's education is naïve. 

Only last night -militant Union members where gloating at the plans they have have in place to keep Schools closed.

Chris McGovern, chairman of the Campaign For Real Education is quoted as saying; ‘The union bosses are holding children to ransom,’ he said. ‘We are in the middle of a major power struggle about who runs education and the children are in the middle of it.’

I also hope the Teachers are offered the vaccine early as well. For two reasons, the genuine teachers like you indicate your wife is so they can get back to educating the children and to end the Unions political interference. It will be interesting to see if the unionized teachers find an excuse not to take the vaccine and continue their power games. 

Edited by trigger_andy
  • Like 2

On 11/02/2021 at 23:12, Mesterh said:

There does seem to be no doubt that track and trace is a farce, the contract should probably have gone to the NHS who already have track and trace systems in place like tracking and tracing STI'S etc but I obviously didnt word my comment correctly. Im interested in the comments of those that say this is all been blown out of proportion and the likes of lockdowns, distancing, masks, not visiting people, shutting pubs restaurants, closing the borders etc arent necessary and that we are being lied to and its all for some other agenda. What agenda, who is lying to us and why. 

[Apologies I've somehow drawn a line through all this post and don't know why!!] Ok understood. But as you said the test and trace system was a farce and why did the contract get sent out un tendered and to agencies that seem to have government affiliations [SERCO for instance]?

To my mind it doesn't make sense - it's easier to put this down to mis management than fraud. But it's fraud and it's criminal and it's in front of our eyes.

Is it for some greater agenda? Is it so the some other agency can forward greater control over mankind?

I reckon no need to worry about that bit - it's too messy. What we can pursue is where did £22 billion go last year when the NHS was crying out for more resources. And like a robot keep repeating and repeating this until the unsavory answers get pulled out. And get pulled out NOW not 10 years down the line when the next crisis over shadows the facts about the last one.

Ref lock downs and shutting businesses down - this is not sustainable. So even if lockdowns work and closing businesses work - it is not sustainable. So even if they work - it is not sustainable!! This guy puts it better than I can and worth a few minutes to listen to.

‘We cannot cancel life to preserve every life’ – Tory MP Sir Charles Walker on lockdown – Channel 4 News

Edited by Rob D
Strikethrough on most text but not sure why?
  • Like 1