Some things moving

slack ma girdle

10 hours ago, Will C said:

You will make @Big J jealous he loves mud

Hahaha! 

None of that hear, thankfully. 

This photo was taken early one morning this week picking blueberries with my wife a couple of km from our house. It's been a good season for them, so I've been picking most days to fill the freezer. I have about 80kg so far - it's very quick with the blueberry comb (4-7kg an hour)

May be an image of 1 person and fog

• Like 5

2 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

I have one of them, bought it in Norway. Great tool!

Very nice :)

When you get a really good patch (like I had at the end of my pick this morning), you're doing a kilo in less than 5 minutes. 

I'm filling the freezer with the thought of blueberries with my yoghurt every morning and a blueberry crumble once a week. For a year, you need a fair pile of blueberries!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, slack ma girdle said:

Thats my old one, and its a 16'. I have Big J's tri axle now,  which is also 16'.

Tri axle is definitely better for towing the log bullet.

I have a choice of 16' double axle or 18' tri axle. Guess I'll take the tri axle, it's a long way to Hull from here!

12 hours ago, doobin said:

I have a choice of 16' double axle or 18' tri axle. Guess I'll take the tri axle, it's a long way to Hull from here!

There is a noticeable difference between a double and tri axle.

Tri is alot more stable, a lot less rocking.

But a double has a lot less drag, and is easier to manoeuvre.

I have often pondered the need or rationale for 3 axles on a 3.5t trailer, surely 2 more widely spaced axles with suitably rated tyres would be just as stable, and with lighter unladen weight?

So does IW build them purely on demand based on ill-informed folk-story/hearsay  opinions? or because of some specific attribute the 3rd axle provides that I fail to recognise?

Or is it simply a case of being able to loose one tyre(or even 2 ) to neglect/underinflation/misuse/damage/punctures and still be able to drive on?