Opico Skidster or sherpa mini loaders

swinny

54 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

Slight derail on the attachment/welding stuff, but does anyone have experience of working on ground protection mats with mini loaders?

We have a few jobs I could tow the chipper in with, but there’s lots of moving brash and timber (albeit staying on site) and the shift from the drop zone to the landing would look like The Somme if we do it now.

Piss wet through heavy clay.

Might be able to borrow some mats from a civils contact.

Got 6 sheets of 9mm stock board which we use to move small loader and digger about on, also use them to move tracked mewp around. On a large job early last year we used them as area to leave brash to chip near chipper. Which i had bought 12 at the time now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mark Bolam said:

Slight derail on the attachment/welding stuff, but does anyone have experience of working on ground protection mats with mini loaders?

We have a few jobs I could tow the chipper in with, but there’s lots of moving brash and timber (albeit staying on site) and the shift from the drop zone to the landing would look like The Somme if we do it now.

We used to use stock board as well.
I made ours go further by ripping them into 3 length wise, if you put one 3rd down for each wheel you get 24ft of road from 2 sheets. The small skids will turn on a half sheet easy enough. (Cuts like butter with a circular saw)

I use 6” nails through a hole at the end of each road section and 3 on each side of the turning boards to peg them down to lawns so they don’t slide about when you turn.

6mm will take a little loader no bother but struggles with a truck. 

• Like 1

Stockboard all the way, it’s all you need for a mini skid. I’d leave a whole board for turning though. It’s not just the room needed for the wheels, it’s having enough that the whole board doesn’t slide 

Edited by doobin
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Mark Bolam said:

yeh i've recently got some to run the avant around on at the farm where i do logs as its a bog in winter

makes a huge difference. they are expensive but worth it

i got a bunch of second hand ones on ebay

i move them around with a Oregon lifting hook, as they have holes around the edge of the mats! 

51N5owusuNL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Stihl123 said:

yeh i've recently got some to run the avant around on at the farm where i do logs as its a bog in winter

makes a huge difference. they are expensive but worth it

i got a bunch of second hand ones on ebay

i move them around with a Oregon lifting hook, as they have holes around the edge of the mats! 

51N5owusuNL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

That's a great idea.

On 03/01/2023 at 22:19, Will C said:

We used to use stock board as well.
I made ours go further by ripping them into 3 length wise, if you put one 3rd down for each wheel you get 24ft of road from 2 sheets. The small skids will turn on a half sheet easy enough. (Cuts like butter with a circular saw)

I use 6” nails through a hole at the end of each road section and 3 on each side of the turning boards to peg them down to lawns so they don’t slide about when you turn.

6mm will take a little loader no bother but struggles with a truck. 

@AHPP

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 30/01/2022 at 08:28, doobin said:

Made up a backing plate with multiple bolt squares on it, so we can use attachments either with digger bracket or Sherpa bracket. Four bolts with the impact gun is a small price to pay to save having to buy dedicated attachments. 

should fit my grab, post knocker, breaker, auger and even my mancrate for small garden hedge jobs. 

741983B8-B569-4776-9CB7-0ACA31B7D0BC.jpeg

94AF0CAF-DB88-4AFA-BE6E-76836178AD47.jpeg

A5ABEB23-E68A-440E-9BB1-1A21DA015CF7.jpeg

A4BD2A36-8271-4053-81CA-D2E64E72B41B.jpeg

3A839014-D9AB-4068-AE82-EF73059F7467.jpeg

71ED20FA-AC41-4887-ACAA-19D338EE6968.jpeg

6BEE1F4C-53C1-48FE-90AC-9D039C19852D.jpeg

3EE2E1DA-B38D-4D35-9AF0-39281891BC0A.jpeg

17E33988-A463-4486-A422-75B1DB20B7B8.jpeg

Great idea, I would like to do something like this for mine. What make log grab are you using?