Top Tips: Winter Warmers.

Yournamehere

3 hours ago, Rough Hewn said:

Last year I was given a pair of insulated waterproof gloves.
These.
IMG_2949.jpg
IMG_2950.jpg
IMG_2951.jpg
Like a sock in a glove but better
emoji106.png

I’ve got some of those but can’t feel a thing through them, and the inside bits always come out seperately. Definitely war though and cheap enough. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, htb said:

Have you tried mechanics gloves (nitrile) inside your normal gloves when its wet. I normally wear them with showa work gloves for climbing

Good idea, I’ll give it a go. reminds me of wearing carrier bags inside boots when I used to motorbike through the winter. Now I’m a soft shite and don’t even want to drive unless the heated steering wheels on?

2 hours ago, jfc said:

Husqvarna boot dryers, dry warm boots in the morning is a good start to the day. Even on days when you are piss wet through by morning break!

putting anything on wet is no good to anyone, boots are about the hardest item i find to get dry for the next day, my boots have just felt a bit damp on the inside this last week resulting in cold feet on the odd day, so second pair of boots have been dug out to day and will alternate them now on a daily basis through the rest of winter. Saw pants next worst to dry but have a second pair of them as well, hands never really have a problem but all ways 4 o 5 pair of gloves in pick up 

• Like 1

Double up on your nitrile gloves, wear two pairs at once, then your task appropriate glove on top, you’ll never feel the cold or wet, works a treat [emoji106]
As for your boots, nikwax, cleaner and preserver first then the waterproofer [emoji108] twice a year minimum, both occasions in your autumn and winter months, if you wana do more then thats up to you [emoji106] also works a treat.

• Like 1

Someone told me about this and it works brilliantly.

First thing in the morning when your still nice and warm, hold your hands in a icy puddle for as long as you can bear it and i mean until its painful. Normally takes around 2-3 mins and the icier the better. After the initial shock you'll have double blood flow all day and pretty much you wont need gloves. 

I used it when I went skiing and lost my gloves, people were looking at me like I was mad but hands felt great. If you dont wait long enough you just end up with cold hands though.

• Like 1