Multitool, who uses them?

aspenarb

23 minutes ago, MattyF said:

Torx bits round off the bar nut tensioner has split but still brought another as it’s only a tenner ... definitely room for emprovment but can’t see what property’s being magnetic warrants being 30 quid !

The usp isn't that its magnetic, its that its purple anodized!

A leatherman quality chainsaw tool would be worth a good price to me. 

• Like 1

Probably made of chocolate and does not really contain the correct tooling but I do like the idea.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CHAINSAW-BAR-COVER-SCABBARD-WITH-BUILT-IN-TOOL-KIT-3-16-12-TO-16-BARS/361893561333?epid=532146668&hash=item54428983f5:g:pYAAAOSw5cNYj57O

Just ordered one of these, so will report back.  Looks like the plug spanner may actually have enough reach.

https://www.toolstoday.co.uk/stihl-multi-function-tool-for-chainsaw-service-adjustments-19-13mm

Bob

They are useful get out of jail tools to me, not a substitute for a proper tool kit.

My topsaw and a cheapo Leatherman copy have come in handy a few times mind.

I had an original Leatherman which was really nice, if a bit bulky, but I lost a mate's dads cheapo copy on a job and gave him mine as a temporary replacement, which seems to have turned permanent....

33 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

They are useful get out of jail tools to me, not a substitute for a proper tool kit.

My topsaw and a cheapo Leatherman copy have come in handy a few times mind.

I had an original Leatherman which was really nice, if a bit bulky, but I lost a mate's dads cheapo copy on a job and gave him mine as a temporary replacement, which seems to have turned permanent....

Read more  

Mine was useless to get out of jail, they took it off me before I got banged up!

Both times:D

Edited by Gary Prentice
  • Haha 2