Another 40 year old just starting

forestboy1978

8 hours ago, forestboy1978 said:

Groundie phoned in sick today so I cleared up brash for 2 hours and did nothing else. 

There are 4 or them you know and er yeah well, this is my first tree. beyond 25ft so... we... er...you know what I want to telll you....

I would love to have seen Dempsey ascend his first 40 ft not knowing 1000% how his equipment worked, and no I'm not talking about his micro penis.  

Tree people turned up and said screw pruning points, follow previous cuts and radius and height reductions given or get in the shit. There will be epicormic growth anyway....

Oh, more penis related bantz, what an unexpected surprise!

What do you mean you don’t know how your equipment works, you did a 6 week proclimbing course this year didn’t you?

Anyway, I’ll tell you what I did, I got a ladder, roped in and climbed the tree as I was taught.

ps. Who are these ‘tree people’? Are you talking about council officers?

• Haha 1

Matty Like it, you and pete Mctree laughed at it..  I'd only seen your contribution so I really ought rope them in for some bile as well...   anyone adding anything to that wants talking about...   disgusted..

I’ll tell you how I see it vesp, I was following this thread with some interest, ever since I was a kid and just got in too tree work I’ve seen many 40 year olds from many different back grounds have some kind of mid life crisis buy a big landy or jap 4x4 spend a load of money on kit and do a few nptcs .... start this is as some kind of fantasy dream job at the max I give this guy 3 years before he decides he has wasted his time and money ,usually it’s one winter before you hear the “ yeah I had an old injury and I just could not climb any more” ... when they could not climb in the first place but go around telling all there mates and customers they are some expert wonder tree guy ... or they they genuinely have an accident... let’s say free climbing or one handing cut and holding because they are pissed off and frustrated as the OP has already made a point of saying he has done some....
Before he insulted rich rule, who really is top of his game , I have worked and climbed with him and would happily any day of the week again , I think most of us would of gone out of the way to help him with our experiences of kit and techniques maybe even go on a rec climber show him some or even sub for him as was pointed out at the start of thread , this is a good way of seeing how things should be done ... surely any one who is so amazing and practical minded knows this....
This has all for me has gone out the window as I doubt any one worth there salt as a climber would work for an opinionated egotistical know it all like your self or friend here.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Oh, more penis related bantz, what an unexpected surprise!

What do you mean you don’t know how your equipment works, you did a 6 week proclimbing course this year didn’t you?

Anyway, I’ll tell you what I did, I got a ladder, roped in and climbed the tree as I was taught.

ps. Who are these ‘tree people’? Are you talking about council officers?

yes. Tree officer.. Seemed nice chap.

9 minutes ago, MattyF said:

I’ll tell you how I see it vesp, I was following this thread with some interest, ever since I was a kid and just got in too tree work I’ve seen many 40 year olds from many different back grounds have some kind of mid life crisis buy a big landy or jap 4x4 spend a load of money on kit and do a few nptcs .... start this is as some kind of fantasy dream job at the max I give this guy 3 years before he decides he has wasted his time and money ,usually it’s one winter before you hear the “ yeah I had an old injury and I just could not climb any more” ... when they could not climb in the first place but go around telling all there mates and customers they are some expert wonder tree guy ... or they they genuinely have an accident... let’s say free climbing or one handing cut and holding because they are pissed off and frustrated as the OP has already made a point of saying he has done some....
Before he insulted rich rule, who really is top of his game , I have worked and climbed with him and would happily any day of the week again , I think most of us would of gone out of the way to help him with our experiences of kit and techniques maybe even go on a rec climber show him some or even sub for him as was pointed out at the start of thread , this is a good way of seeing how things should be done ... surely any one who is so amazing and practical minded knows this....
This has all for me has gone out the window as I doubt any one worth there salt as a climber would work for an opinionated egotistical know it all like your self or friend here.

When I worked in prisons looking after the most violent sadists in society all over the country I worked with 1000s of people. And aside from 1 or 2 in 10 years I never go described in the way you just did.

So  you are either 1 in 500 or you are wrong or you are a liberal luney tune who just doesn't like me. 

And steve you don't have to shut it down. Most people are really supportive. Dempsey is just Dempsey, but yeah if people want to start accusing my "rich" wife of being a whore, especially when I met her 3 years ago and I wasn't in a great state, then I am going to call them out. i'm sure you can understnd that. 

Did Steve say he was gonna close this thread ? Maybe he should. I know this guy from his posts- an a bit of a giggle asside he is trying an learning but not there yet n problys this ain't the best job to cut his teeth on - but we can all say that's happened to us. But not hearing positives in this an poorly represents ARB online for any watchers out there. K

• Like 2