Another 40 year old just starting

forestboy1978

Hi forestboy, tbh I've skipped to the end of the pages, how are you getting on with the trees? I've seen some posts and pictures of the trees, broken chair etc would it be worth getting someone in to sort this out for You, granted you will take a hit, but job done safely and you can tick it off the list. Not being an arse just saying from what I've read, and frankly havent got time to go through 42 pages. It may just be too big for you at the minute
Cheers

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

You posted it in this thread on the 19th of November, so it’s on or before then.

Well that is weird. I have no explanation. I haven't been working on this tree continuously. Customer is a regular so there might be that but I don't think I started it last monday. I think we've done 3 or 4 days on it. 

i get that you are new, i only do this part time currently but i come here to learn and try to take stuff in not throw abuse around which looking at the video doesn’t paint a decent pic.
i hope you know the client as that much messing about and lack of actual work doesn’t look great buddy.
new kit, rec climb and learn it without the work pressure. i rec climbed till i was comfortable up a tree before even taking a silky up.
intrigued as to how much you charged on this gig.
hope you find a rhythm and some good weather to finish it off this week
climb safe

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Carl1991 said:

Hi forestboy, tbh I've skipped to the end of the pages, how are you getting on with the trees? I've seen some posts and pictures of the trees, broken chair etc would it be worth getting someone in to sort this out for You, granted you will take a hit, but job done safely and you can tick it off the list. Not being an arse just saying from what I've read, and frankly havent got time to go through 42 pages. It may just be too big for you at the minute
Cheers

Thanks man. Appreciate your candour but I'll do it and I'll do it well. It just might take me to my pensioners years. 

I was limbing walking today though with slack ropes knowing I was safe, even in high wind. No breakages. And wet as hell. 

One question,,, double prussock or triple? I couldn't budge a wet triple today. Took me an hour to work around it 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dbikeguy said:

i get that you are new, i only do this part time currently but i come here to learn and try to take stuff in not throw abuse around which looking at the video doesn’t paint a decent pic.
i hope you know the client as that much messing about and lack of actual work doesn’t look great buddy.
new kit, rec climb and learn it without the work pressure. i rec climbed till i was comfortable up a tree before even taking a silky up.
intrigued as to how much you charged on this gig.
hope you find a rhythm and some good weather to finish it off this week
climb safe

No one was around to hear me swearing mate. I'm careful. Thanks. I've worked for the client and his family for 7 years. £1500 btw

Edited by forestboy1978