How are the veggies coming along?

Mick Dempsey

6 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

Keep it raty, I asked about an allotment, but there is a waiting list longer than my arm

It’s generally about who you know. Get down the allotment and muck in with some of the old boys, you will probably find that one of them just happens to ‘look after’ someone else’s plot and will be more than happy to hand it over on the quiet.

• Like 1

On 28/06/2020 at 18:58, Mick Dempsey said:

Potatoes have had a problem this year, cropping, but poorly, never flowered.

Peas just being picked today, everything else good as gold. Sweet corn always a treat!

Asparagus bed is worn out, might grass over and not bother replacing, can’t wait another 3 years, want to move by then. Should have planned to replace the current one a few years ago.

CA568403-65AF-4FE2-B5E6-2414E6637474.jpeg

59B55467-F88B-4744-814B-1D11A47722EC.jpeg

Where you moving to Mick, not back here?

No, not back to the UK. 

We have renovated a couple of houses on the coast very near to Royan, I hope to move there within a few years, in the meantime we will go there at the weekend and holidays.

They're nearly finished, I will put up photos in a couple of weeks.

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, gary112 said:

not veg but got some nice apples coming on the little trees for the first time 

Great, I wish our old tree could produce more viable apples, despite stripping all the blossom last year to make life difficult for codling moth  we are getting masses falling early with exit holes., I'm very disappointed.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

Great, I wish our old tree could produce more viable apples, despite stripping all the blossom last year to make life difficult for codling moth  we are getting masses falling early with exit holes., I'm very disappointed.

First fruits for this tree,its called Rosette,looking forward to trying it?

• Like 1