French Election

Billhook

and your post sums up my point precisesly. of course there are brutal bits of history everywhere. but the whole line of this thread is that muslims are somehow by nature worse humans than others. and should be weeded out. I live in a community in the states with a large population of people from the middle east. I am glad they are here. they are customers, friends, and they make this place better. My perspective only but I do feel obligated to say something when I hear things that would marginalize my neighbors. There is a lot of this conversation here as well. Our president was elected in large part by citing fear against my neighbors.

Maybe where you are multiculturalism is working fine and I'm genuinely happy for you. However in Europe it's not working well and we're getting terrorist attacks on a monthly/ weekly basis.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ahhh, so you think your doing the right thing by opposing the fascists???

So why are you supporting the modern day fascists?

The Nazis thought they were the master race/ culture and they had the right to take over the lands of inferior races. The Nazis absolutedly hated jews and homosexuals and persecuted them relentlessly. The nazis were infamous for human rights abuses. The nazis never believed in democracy and killed members that stepped out of line.

Just exchange muslim for nazi in the above paragraph and see if it's broadly true...

Maybe Rough Hewn is the baddie....

I think you're confused.

lol. thanks!

for what its worth, I dont think we can as a society (im american and so the perspective is a bit different) prop up a wahibist extremist cult in saudi arabia to protect our oil supply, fund the taliban and give them a **** ton of weapons to fight the communists and then complain about the very extremists we have helped cultivate. keep your hands out of other peoples pockets or dont be suprised when they turn around and punch you in the mouth.

"Prop up a wahibist extremist cult in Saudi Arabia to protect our oil supply"

Barack Obama pledged to wean the United States off foreign oil. "I will set a clear goal as president: In 10 years we will finally end our dependence on oil in the Middle East ...

Kevin you clearly have little understanding of the situation in the region (imho sadly the norm amongst most Americans). Have you seen the chaos in Libya, Egypt, Iraq, Yemen and Syria? The last thing the world needs is Saudi collapsing into tribal or sectarian conflict, or IS kicking off in the Kingdom.

Look at where Saudi sits geographically; Iraq and Syria to the North, and Yemen to the South..... Iran to East.

Iran is stirring the **** in the region, an unstable Saudi could/would lead to the whole Arabian peninsula falling into chaos. So continue to support them? Probably a good idea.

Actually the Gulf states have some good ideas when it comes to migrant workers (including Western Expats):

Make sure they have a sponsor/job.

Work visas only issued to those who have the required skill set.

Medical Insurance required

Only issue residence visa, don't give citizenship.

If you break the law - deported at your expense (asset grab).

For UK I would add to that list removal of dual nationality, and make all swear allegiance to Queen and Country!

Sent from my iPad using Arbtalk

so then don't complain about the spread of extremist saudi funded extremist Islam! Your right that our lifestyle has been made quite good by this arrangement with the extremists. Quadafi and Hussein were a lot of things but extremist islamists they were not. The Saudis are. Imagine that in the 60s mini skirts were worn in Jeddah! We are complicit in the repression of these people. but it has worked out well for us for the most part, aside from a few terrorist attacks here and there.

so then don't complain about the spread of extremist saudi funded extremist Islam! Your right that our lifestyle has been made quite good by this arrangement with the extremists. Quadafi and Hussein were a lot of things but extremist islamists they were not. The Saudis are. Imagine that in the 60s mini skirts were worn in Jeddah! We are complicit in the repression of these people. but it has worked out well for us for the most part, aside from a few terrorist attacks here and there.

Ha Ha once again poorly researched comments.

You get your facts from visiting the Kingdom or Fox News?

Saudi funded extremist islam? Who are Saudi currently funding? The probable reason that Saudi Arabia is not included in Mr Trumps plan for banning muslims from certain countries entry to US is that they are actively sharing information and intel.

Why would Saudi sponsor a terrorist organisation that called on Saudi citizens to “rise up against the apostate tyrants and avenge your people in Syria, Iraq, and Yemen.” Al Baghdadi has called for targeting of Saudis Shia minority as well as members of the Saudi royal family and security forces.

Saudi is actively at war against Al Qaeda in Yemen and hunting out IS extremists within the kingdom (and doing a pretty good job of it).

You might be surprised to learn that many of the 'repressed' Saudis are more than happy with the stricter version of Islam that is in place. The new King has a more liberal approach. (probably the wrong word) Change is occurring in Saudi, many of the stricter rules and regulations are under review but it will take time to implement the changes (probably decades rather than years). The religious leaders have ultimate control/power, even over the state.

Believe it or not......the whole world does not want the American Dream!!

If you really believe that's stopping immigration will stop attacks you are deluded[emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Oh well then, I suppose we should just throw our hands up in the air and surrender. Which leads me on to.....

How is the French election going? I presume there is some kind of cheese eating contest to decide the overall winner but when is it on, and will it be on youtube?

Edited by Mesterh

If you really believe that's stopping immigration will stop attacks you are deluded[emoji16]

Yup

Oh well then, I suppose we should just throw our hands up in the air and surrender. Which leads me on to.....

Nah, not surrender, but maybe take a more intelligent, measured approach, make it more difficult and less appealing to come here, shouting "ban the feckers" from the rooftops will probably turn out to be a recruitment drive that IS could only have dreamed of, think we are stretched enough as it is.

Tin hat time again.