New Hilux Review

Commando

Chassis`s and suspension components don't get prepared or primed prior to a slash of black paint Kevin , its just a cosmetic black coating that's either sprayed on or dipped. If you are concerned about protection I would get the thing thoroughly steam cleaned off, leave it to dry for a few days and wax it.

Bob

• Like 2

And he Whistles tunelessly, an says;

"1999 Wor Steyr Daimler Puch Van's chassis is still perfect" despite zero maint or attention, well not perfectly perfect, only minor insignificent rusty bits.

but in comparison to a 1 year old vehicle  .  .  .

I imagine it is the direct result of switching to Environmentally friendly water based paint systems.

That’s shocking on a new hilux mate. Chassis protection on hiluxes has always been pretty poor. Personally I would get it waxoiled and forget about the dealer as they’re in the chocolate fireguard league. 

Car salesmen boil my piss at the best of times 

• Like 1

I’ve recently found myself trying to come to terms with the fact that EVERYTHING (cars, trucks, saws, kitchen appliances, etc...)is now deliberately made CRAP on purpose..... I mean, think about it logically, why would any manufacturer in their right mind make something that lasts for longer than 5 years?
I just got my hands on a pair of Castle hi fi speakers. Nearly 30 years old and will blow anything modern under £2k out the water.
Talking to the manager of the local Richer Sounds shop and he said Castle went bump because their speakers were built too well.
Sorry to hear about your grief with the truck Kevin, the world was a better place when stuff was made to last,
Some people reckon the Russians make the best trucks now.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, TIMON said:

I’ve recently found myself trying to come to terms with the fact that EVERYTHING (cars, trucks, saws, kitchen appliances, etc...)is now deliberately made CRAP on purpose..... I mean, think about it logically, why would any manufacturer in their right mind make something that lasts for longer than 5 years?
I just got my hands on a pair of Castle hi fi speakers. Nearly 30 years old and will blow anything modern under £2k out the water.
Talking to the manager of the local Richer Sounds shop and he said Castle went bump because their speakers were built too well.
Sorry to hear about your grief with the truck Kevin, the world was a better place when stuff was made to last,
Some people reckon the Russians make the best trucks now.

Kev thas pish poor on a new veeeehickle.  

Timon yer fancy speakers and some Naim audio equipment would be a noice combination,  yew'd need deep pockets though.

• Like 2

Timon yer fancy speakers and some Naim audio equipment would be a noice combination,  yew'd need deep pockets though.

Sadly my pockets aren’t deep I’m afraid, I got gifted the speakers and a Marantz amp. Still sounds very sweet though. (Apparently I have a very rich Dad.)
Quad would be my preference if money were no object. [emoji41]

Just hired a brand new Ford transit mini bus for the week, oh dear..... I think they make them out of Kleenex and spit now to reduce the carbon footprint even further. What an absolute pile of gutless crap. I hate to think how long a tipper would last doing tree work every day.

1 hour ago, wicklamulla said:

I have some Mission 753 ( non freedom )  Loadsa speaker for the money even back then .

• Like 1